Another yard option.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Hopefully going to see this weekend.

It's just a couple of fields, a barn, field shelters and a tap. So really basic but perhaps just what he needs. This is the yard that said they have to be barefoot but I'm tempted to take him barefoot anyway now so thought it was worth going to have a chat with them.

Hopefully going to see this weekend.

It's just a couple of fields, a barn, field shelters and a tap. So really basic but perhaps just what he needs. This is the yard that said they have to be barefoot but I'm tempted to take him barefoot anyway now so thought it was worth going to have a chat with them.
Definitely worth a chat Ale, I'd be curious as to the barefoot rule? An assuming they all love out together and they want to minimise injury.
My other concern would be is there any option for sectioning off should you need to restrict grazing. But am sure you'll ask all that anyhow, good luck :)

Definitely worth a chat Ale, I'd be curious as to the barefoot rule? An assuming they all love out together and they want to minimise injury.
My other concern would be is there any option for sectioning off should you need to restrict grazing. But am sure you'll ask all that anyhow, good luck :)

It sounds promising as they have said there is a smaller field that fatty's can use! I'm not sure but worth a look and only 1.5 miles from work.

I don't know and it's probably not right for him but I'm running out of ideas now.

Finding this all so stressful because we need to move before end of September really as that is when they start haying fields and living in overnight. Just wish he wasn't injured.

Failing that I really don't know what to do. Part of me doesn't want to move but then the other part remembers the gypsies, the fact that I do all the work for everyone, and that ale will spend all winter just stood knee deep in mud round a hay bale.

Barefoot yards are becoming more common. I think it is to reduce injuries but also less field damage.(of course if its owned by a farmer it may just be the field damage he is thinking of lol) Another thing is barefoot yards are like minded people together. Some people who keep their horses barefoot get a lot of stick on livery yards from the so called types who know best about everything lol

Hope you find what you are looking for Ale:)

Reactions: MrA
I'm off to look tomorrow at noon so we shall see. If it's not for us I will wait till the following week (as I'm busy) and ask a lady I know to post something in surrey horse and pony. I don't want to post it myself as I don't want everyone on my yard talking about it.

Perhaps there is other options out there I had not thought about.

Reactions: Jessey
It is your decision not to search publicly. But you do lose out Ale by not networking - Other people on your yard are likely to have used or to know people who use or run lots of other fields and places.
One of our previous yard managers now has turn out for horse holidays - may be to far out for you. But I learned that only through Facebook when a friend posted yesterday about her horse going there. If you talk to everyone both at your current yard and any yard you visit, people have stores and stores of info.
Plus you are more likely to get a response if people know more about you and Ale on Facebook or wherever. You live so much of your private life in public on this forum - far more than most of us - so why not post a lovely pic of Ale on Facebook too and ask for help. I rarely advise people to go more public - but sometimes it pays off.

It is your decision not to search publicly. But you do lose out Ale by not networking - Other people on your yard are likely to have used or to know people who use or run lots of other fields and places.
One of our previous yard managers now has turn out for horse holidays - may be to far out for you. But I learned that only through Facebook when a friend posted yesterday about her horse going there. If you talk to everyone both at your current yard and any yard you visit, people have stores and stores of info.
Plus you are more likely to get a response if people know more about you and Ale on Facebook or wherever. You live so much of your private life in public on this forum - far more than most of us - so why not post a lovely pic of Ale on Facebook too and ask for help. I rarely advise people to go more public - but sometimes it pays off.

Yes you make some very good points. I share so much on here because I have nothing to hide and you guys don't judge me. (Well I don't think you do, not harshly anyway) the same cannot be said for those I know in real life, who say things which are actually very hurtful and as soon as they get hold of some 'gossip' they won't leave one stone unturned

newrider.com