AnY aDvIcE oN hOw To StArT 2 TrAiN a HoRsE tO hUnT?

Ring up the Hunt. They usually have easier rides and take children out and will advise you which one to start on. My daughter went for the first time last week and her pony has never done XC at all - only show jumping. She loved it and the pony had a great time.
Good luck - let us know how you go on!

Go out hunting a few times in the season, she'll soon pick it up.

Jumping is often optional anyway depending on who you go out with. Just make sure they're fit enough to cope or you could end up doing some damage.

wats wrong with my writin?? and hopefully am going to school her sum more on sat...

Your just using a lot of text speak and funny colours that's all. Luckily my eyes are fine!

But yeah may be worth doing a bit of XC practice so that she's seen solid fences before you ask her to jump out hunting.

But there's no harm in taking her hunting getting her used to everything, if she refuses to jump maybe get someone to lead you over it (on another horse) that's hwat i did on a mare i went on.

Make sure the fences aren't to challenging at 5 you don't want to do to much, make sure she's really fit as well..

But most importantly have a great time! Do you have any pics of her?

Thanks 4 being niice Kc...i appreciate it ...and thank yuu for the advice also. Sori i dont have ne pics on me at de moment...but keep an eye out..i shud be putin sum up soon!!k

Catrion xxx

Thanks for being niice Kc...I appreciate it ...and thank you for the advice also. Sorry I don't have any pics on me at the moment...but keep an eye out..I should be putting some up soon!!k

Look, I'm sorry to be teacherish, but I've re-typed your message, so you can see what people are complaining about. No-one minds the odd typo or spelling mistake, but that sort of using numbers and shortened words is very difficult for some people to read. A lot of people in here don't even bother to try.

Have you got a spellcheck on your computer?

most ppl on ** forum r adults- dey dun ndrstnd txt lnguage lol
try to write posh- some of them understand then
:p:p:p

Doesn't matter whether they are adults or not. It generally doesn't look nice and its easier to understand when its written out properly.
I'm 15, I don't speak "text language".

But to the OP- I am hoping to take my 5 year old out hunting in the next couple of months. I am going to take him XC schooling and let him see some solid fences and just go out and do the non-jumping hunting day, then the next time see if hes in the mood for jumping :p.

Good luck and keep us updated! :)

newrider.com