Any dealings with Insuremyhorse.com?

shanzee

Oct 29, 2007
Lancashire
As the title says - has anybody used this company - any feedback you can give me? Our new horse is coming tomorrow drom the Sanctuary and I need to arrange some insurance for her. I haven't come across this company before.

Thank you :):)

looking at it unless I have the wrong site, it is not in the UK, personally I would not insure with an overseas company, and am unsure if they would cover you, laws and regs will all be different I am certain.

Why not try NFU or Petplan?

Silly me - co.uk not dot com!!

Thank you - I have just realised it is Insure my horse.co.uk. and not dot com.

Looking at the policy wording they are underwritten by Royal and Sun Alliance, so they should be quite reputable.

I have quotes from NFU and Pet Plan, I was just looking for another as a comparison. I was also wondering whether this was anything to do with E&L, but all the addresses are different...................

OK, the co.uk one looks to me just like a comparison site, basically you put your details in, they then send you quotes from the leading insurers - and will prob take/get a cut of the policy you take out, you are much better going direct, these are just a broker.

it is infact e and l under a different name! it does say some where on the site in very small writting!

I just filled out the forms for a quote and was amazed at how cheap it was (£9 per month) until I realised that it didn't include vet fees at all or loss of use. With these included to the same level of my current SEIB policy, it is actually more expensive than what I currently pay.

I insured for a year with insuremyhorse.co.uk or whatever, Its a British company actually based not far from me but i did it online and didnt realize that at the time. Fortunatly i never made a claim so cant really comment too much. This year though i went with NFU as not much more expensive and better vet fees cover also my saddle is insured with out the five star locks that most companies require (small print again)

horseinsurance.co.uk is E&L

Don't think insuremyhorse.com is anything to do with E&L but check who underwrites for them. If it is E&L steer clear

Also, try Stoneways, Petplan and SEIB. All good insurers

x

Insuremyhorse.co.uk isnt E&L under a different name the policies are underwritten by royal sun alliance and it's a uk based insurance company. RSA underwite thousands of insurance policies, for the last 4 years all my car insurance policies that I have had through various brokers (Towergate being one) they have ben underwritten by them. Towergate is just the broker who's name appears on the website when you go through with a quote, I spoke to a broker yesterday and asked if they were anything to do with E&L and a million different questions and was told, no they werent. The quote I was given was a heck of a lot cheaper than petplan and SEIB, Petplan and SEIB were both over £400 ! No way in hell am I paying that for a happy hacker, I only want insurance to cover him for vet bills upto £4000 and third party and I only hack him out. I dont want loss of use, nor do I want personal injury, it's only £10k and then you have to have had a pretty major accident resulting in you losing a limb and getting £1000 for dental work. I can pay that myself if I have an accident thanks. But that's an individual choice. :)

Am currently waiting to hear back from NFU (been waiting days so far :rolleyes: ) then will do a comparison on prices and go from there.

newrider.com