Any of you adults have Welsh As?

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
question in title really. do any of you have Welsh As if so how big are they and what do you do with them?
I love my Welsh As and am in process (hopefully) of getting myself another after reforming my last one last year.
So here's your chance to show off all your lovely ponies

I haven't but there is one who lives in a field I walk through regularly. The most sturdy, dainty, beautiful flaxen chestnut filly with 4 whites and a blaze. If she were mine I would get a little chariot for her because she deserves to be driven by warriors and kings!

Reactions: chev
We had a mare, a foal and a colt

Cause mountain Excalibur (if anyone knows where he is now I'd love to know)

Then there was May (Llanor Mai) who I used to hop on to remind her that dumping people was not the done thing!

We had two foals from her sadly one stillborn and then she went to a family looking for a pony their kids could all ride (and there seemed to be hoards of them when they came to see her!)

I have a Welsh Section A, she's not registered but she's a proper old fashioned sort. She's 12hh and very sturdy, I'm slightly heavy for her now but still have the odd sit on, although she doesn't do a lot anymore (she's 23).
She drives as well as being ridden, she's has been in a riding school and done RDA work, but I wouldn't class her as a kids pony, she's great for a small teenager or adult. Last year she gave my grandmother her very first ride on a horse.

newrider.com