Any spare vibes most welcome please

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Poor Mr T having emergency dental done in the morning at eight, one of his wisdom's is coming out. It's been on the turn for a few years now but has become unmanageable. I know he's worried as am I. Any spare vibes most welcome - he's been dreading it, but our dentist is meeting us in the morning and opening up specially. I think it will be a huge relief for him, he's in such pain right now. :(

Sending some pain begone vibes. Tooth ache is agony. You two have both been in the wars lately. Your dentist must love you. Lots of pound notes.

Sending some pain begone vibes. Tooth ache is agony. You two have both been in the wars lately. Your dentist must love you. Lots of pound notes.

Thanks for the vibes. It's not too bad money wise as we're on an insurance plan thankfully and don't get charged for consultations or check ups. But I know what you mean - the extraction itself won't be cheap. Ah well better out than in, it's in such a state (it's been an ongoing issue for a while now - borrowed time and all that).

Sympathy but tell him to relax. Breathe and relax and afterwards follow dentists instructions. I had a tooth out yesterday myself. Tho not wisdom tooth. Mine fell apart. Emergency as it had been precarious for years. And lucky it happened before Christmas.
Very difficult for dentist and had stitches but I had ticket for Olympia dressage, so ignored it. Took the antibiotics and went. The instructions were to sit quietly in an armchair but I couldnt bear to miss Charlotte du J.
Had to walk a long way and got home very late but it is better not to think to much. And I am right as rain today. Pain from that tooth has gone and I hope your OH will find the same.

Reactions: Trewsers
Sending lots of good luck and hope it's all over with quickly vibes to Mr T. I hope he feels much better after it's out.

I'm glad you're ok following your emergency dental work @Skib, although it does sound quite unpleasant. I hope you enjoyed Olympia :)

Thanks guys. I’ll pass on your vibes to him. He’s very brave about most things - he has a long term condition which makes him have to endure quite invasive procedures from time to time, however, the thoughts of an extraction is really worrying him. We have been lucky really, both reached fifty and have all our own teeth lol However, this wisdom has needed out for a while due to decay so I’m hoping there won’t be any nasty surprises. Our dentist must feel its pretty straight forward as he’s x rayed it and doesn’t seem to think it will be any bother to do. Let’s hope he’s right.

Apologies I thought he had already had it out. Lots and lots of vibes coming your way that it goes smoothly and he's in a lot less pain soon

Lots of vibes for him.

I'm a wimp about the dentist but had to have lne out recently, not only had the tooth split in half but the root had broken too. My dentist wasn't prepared to do it because of the difficulty so referred me to a dental surgeon. Tell Mr T if he can have a sedation then do! I don't remember a thing and it also made the surgeon's job much easier. It's healed with no trouble, no stitches (I was amazed), and I'm not left panicking about future dental visits.

Carthorse - mine was the same. I breath and think of Maisie - no sedation.
Bodshi, Thank you. I did enjoy Olympia and more than ever before. I have been quite miserable there in the past on my own. But I now know my way round. And I didnt need to eat any of the junk food on offer. Also I dont go two consecutive days any more which was exhausting. I wil post a thread for Olympia.

By the way Trewsers, my tooth came out from 2.00 -3.00 p.m. and I didnt eat for the rest of the day, tho one is allowed to .Just ate a banana at half past midnight when I got home. All the books on fast dieting have shown me I dont need to eat (unless one is diabetic or something - You will know what Mr T needs.)

I am sorry he has additonal problems which I didnt have yesterday.

@Skib my normal dentist thought it was sufficiently complicated that he wasn't prepared to attempt it and said the dental surgeon would only do it with an IV sedation due to what needed doing to extract it and the root without leaving fragments. I can only assume that's why he managed to do such a clean job that no stitching was needed, because now I can move my tongue round the area without cringing it seems as though he came at it from several areas. Sedation is definitely the way to go for me if it allows this good a job and also doesn't increase my fear of dentists - I need breathing exercises and an outside focus to cope with a check up!

@Trewsers if it's hurting him it'll probably be a huge relief to have it gone, at least then it can heal and he'll be pain free.

Well I am lying in bed wide awake in agony as I have a tooth abscess. Having it drained in the morning and then have 6 root canal appointments to look forward to. It is so painful! Despite the antibiotics and all the painkillers, it really hurts! Plus I have to pay over £1,000 to have it done. And I am under strict instructions to not touch alcohol with the tablets I am on. Happy Christmas to me!

@Trewsers - sending your OH healing vibes and sympathy as we will both be sat in the dentist chair at the same time tomorrow. I actually asked them to pull out my tooth as the pain is so bad, but the dentist felt I was too young to go down that route without trying to save the tooth first. How I wish I had signed my to the private dental plan last year like you did! I hope tomorrow goes well for both of us!

@Skib I was working in London on Monday and Tuesday and considered going to Olympia but didn’t get round to booking tickets (which is just as well as I developed this tooth abscess and would have been miserable anyway. Maybe next year I could meet you there?

newrider.com