Anybody elses horses confuzzled?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Our pair are confused by the weather! Poor girls. They had just started going into their lovely flat spring / summer paddock (which had been rolled to perfection) when this snow came. They trashed the electric (that's another story) but on the whole were happy. Yesterday and today it is just so hard and frozen - I have put them into the school with a net each. I don't fancy trekking up the road (tis covered in sheet ice mixed with a nice layer of the white stuff) so a bit wimpy on my part but not worth them tumbling over. So, they have started shedding as well - I am looking at it as a positive that they'll lose a bit more weight:giggle: I think they both looked puzzled yesterday when we had a black sky during the middle of the day and a full on snow blizzarda:) Even I was confused at that point.......Am hoping this morning sun will melt the road a bit and their field - then I can put them into it later today. Poor girls - first it's summer turnout, then it's back to the school, then it's back out again.....arghhhhhhh!

I have no idea what is going on either, never mind the horses lol! Flipo started shedding, but seems to have paused for thought now. He's lost heaps of weight, but he looks like a house side right now, primarily because he's sporting his poofed out punk look - fur is standing on end to keep him warm. I feel awful for not feeding any hay, they've got the remains of the grass in the field and a bale of straw adlib but other than that, they're getting very hungry!

mine seem not bothered lol! i am going to fully clip rosie on friday in preparation for our attempt at managing her moulting under her sweet itch rug whilst i am busy with new baby....she will be confused on friday no doubt when i take all her winter hair off and put a turnout rug on her (its going to be a bit too cold for just the sweetitch rug, but cant leave the clipping any longer due to getting too close to my due date!)

Argh! The sun is out now but I am tied up with work - just hope I can get back soon enough for them to enjoy some grass! The fields look melted which will mean the road up there will be too. I need to get home..

newrider.com