Anybody used to love the "Jinny" books?...................

an NR cover star!!! i loved the Jinny books and always wanted a chestnut arab. Am still waiting for that... My dad gave all my Jinny books away! :cry: i guess now i've an excuse to go buy the whole set again :D

I never ead Jinny books, don`t even know if they were around in the 60`s but I did have all the Jill books by Ruby Ferguson. I loved them, in fact I just bought "Jill Has Two Ponies" from amazon and read it again :unsure:

Oh hang on I think Im confused.... I have the Jill books.... Not sure about the Jinny ones?!?!?!

Jill had the piebald...?And snotty friend/cousin or something???

Oh hang on I think Im confused.... I have the Jill books.... Not sure about the Jinny ones?!?!?!

Jill had the piebald...?And snotty friend/cousin or something???

Yup, that was Jill. She had a piebald and another horse called Black Boy. Her cousin Cecilia was a pain.

Jinny books are about a chestnut Arab mare called Shantih who Jinny rescued from a circus(?) and they used to go riding over Scottish moors and Shantih was more than a little crazy!

I loved these books, I too was so envious of her and the books had a mysterious air to them, Jinny and Shantih's connection was so tangible wasn't it?

Will have to tell my neighbour about them (she's 14). I would love to read them all again:smile:

newrider.com