Anybody wanna join the Zzzzz tired club?!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Moms with small babies and children I salute you! How on earth do you cope with the lack of sleep? Last night OH spooked me by talking about aliens and such and I ended up a bit too wide awake and then he woke me in the middle of the night making "noises" (don't ask, he has some terrible vocal habits). Well, I am just so tired today. I managed to ride this morning but I fear I wasn't at my best and Storm picked up on it! Don't know how I'm going to get through rest of day, am drinking cold water to perk myself up! Feel like :sluggish: I don't know how ye of the child-bearing years cope. I am pathetic I know!!! You must all be zombie like..........
Slumping back down in my chair now.........:sleep::sleep:

I will join your club as i am knackered today, my little boy has decided to start falling out of bed at night, which i then race to him to make sure he is alright. An hour later he gets restless and comes into our bed and wriggles about.

OH has them today and i doubt he is having much fun with them, when they are together they constantly wind each other up but they are saints when they are apart. Although my daughter is very hyper at the moment.

Me please! I'm knackered, back at work after 5 days off so can't get into working (hence why I'm on here! :p) and have spent those 5 days decorating and sorting the kitchen out ready for the kitchen fitters.

Then the fitters we're at the house from 7:30 this morning so had to get up extra early :sleep::sleep: back to decorating tonight, I'm going to have arms like popeye soon!! who needs the gym eh?!

Can I join too please?

I'm stupidly tired to the point that I have almost fallen asleep at my desk a number of times today :sleep:. I know why I'm this tired, am leaving early to srop OH off at work and need to make up a days hours so conveniently timing works well, but I normally can cope with a lot less sleep than I'm getting.

Think it's home and bed by 9 tonight to try and catch up on some missed sleep!

I know, it's going to be awesome, I'm just crap with no sleep, used to do nights for my mate so she would do the boys in the mornings! My workmates also used to joke that it was pointless speaking to me before 11am! SEVEN weeks to go!!!!! Woohoo! x

I have had matchsticks in my eyes for the past 10 years LOL.

Have 2 boys now aged 7 and 10. Neither slept at night from birth up till the age of 9 and 6. So am knackered just from them waking me up 3/4 times a night.

Add to that 3 horses, dog, OH, cat.

Over past 3 years we have moved house while having OH's mentally ill brother staying with us.

Then he was sectioned. Then he was let out only to come back to stay with us.

Since moving in here, we have built a 40 x 20 menage by ourselves. Made our own hay and haylage. Built a swimming pool. Building a barn. Set up a new business ..... I could go on.

Don't know how we do it, but we must thrive on never sitting down for a second:hot: :hot:

I have to say, neither of us are lazy types. OH is a workaholic, both business wise and building the above items and looking after the paddocks etc.

But do you know what, we could really do with a long holiday. Like that's gonna happen!! Perhaps next year :happy:

ETA: At least the boys do sleep now and I always get up at 6.30 as I just can't do lay-ins :wink:

Last edited:
Count me in too!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! :sleep:

I don't have any children, but seem to always go to bed late!! After work, and then riding and jobs, it's usually 8.30 ish by the time I get home in the summer.

I then want to have tea and watch TV, go on laptop etc, so by the time I get to bed, it's quite late!

Then up early again in the morn, and do it all again!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

I feel better knowing you are all needing ZZZzzzzz!
Claire1605 - don't know how you've managed all that!!!!!!!!
Jovi - it is quite tiring having work done in the house - specially the kitchen!
To everybody else, I think we all need a break......lets have a virtual one today.....lol, I could do with 40 winks on Kennack Sands beach in the glorious sunshine........

I'm ALWAYS tired. But then I'm my own worse enemy ...I just can't DO relaxing or sitting down for long anyway. Was up at 6am looking at the robinsons sale :help:

Could always do with more :sleep::sleep: but on the other hand kind of got used to it now...probably need a housework fairy more then a sleep fairy too.

Luckily all the children sleep well, apart from the one that gets fed during the night but that's our routine now so I don't think of it as 'waking up' as such as I almost stay asleep and on autopilot lol.

Gosh, laceyfreckle, I don't honestly know how you manage it! You wouldn't get any sense (well, less than normal) from me if I had to get up like that during the night!!

I dont "do" mornings - never have done! I love sleep - the more the better but hubbys a night owl so I end up staying up late with him which is just daft as I'm ratty due to lack of sleep

Plus, atm we're busy as trying to get Robbie going to drive - so am long reining every night and my arms are now ready to drop off.

Could I join?

My OH is harvesting till 1/2am... and annoyingly wants to chat when he gets into bed about how well it has or has not gone.... he also calls me at silly oclock to tell me what he is doing etc... so I may fall asleep at 10.30..get a call at 11.30..get woke up at 2am..then alarm goes off at 6am!:sleep::sleep:

I also have a busy routine at the moment, up horses, work, home, dogs out, horses done, chickens, cook tea, take tea to OH on combine, eat my tea, clean up, washing etc, get roped into helping harvest staff... sit down 10.25..bed at 10.30!!

Last edited:
I don't have any children, but seem to always go to bed late!! After work, and then riding and jobs, it's usually 8.30 ish by the time I get home in the summer.

I then want to have tea and watch TV, go on laptop etc, so by the time I get to bed, it's quite late!

Then up early again in the morn, and do it all again!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Blimey, sounds JUST like my day! Except I don't always get to the TV - and the hosue is PERMANENTLY a tip (we live with OH's parents) which stresses me out.

BUT!!!! 6 weeks today OH & I get to move into our own house :skip: YIPPEE!!!!!

Yay, good luck with the move Roxy! How exciting! :biggrin:

Fortunately OH and I have our own place, and it's (usually!) tidy so don't have that problem - OH is a bit of a neat freak lol!

There's NO WAY I could live with his parents!! :eek: :biggrin:

newrider.com