Anyone done well in the sales?

Toz

Jul 14, 2019
So it’s already January and the sale emails are rolling in!
Any serious bargains?
I bought myself a new pair of wellies because mine have sprung a leak recently. Not a bad buy, Le Chemeau for £80 then I got an extra 10% for a first time buy and free post so was pleased with that. Otherwise if been incredibly constrained!!

Nope, I don't do 'sales' well maybe I would if I needed something but as a rule I steer well clear. If I don't need it it's not a bargain, no matter what the price. Sounds like you got a great deal with the wellies though :)

I treated myself to something non horsey for a change. A lovely merino fine wool jumper from M and S online. It came yesterday - and it actually fits! yaye.
Actually I forget I also made a non horsey purchase. A pair of shoes and slippers (getting old :D ) from Moshulu which I’ve yet to receive.
glad your happy with the jumper!
Kite rider, your so right to be fair! I’m awful with shopping, it’s like a major weakness! Nothing better than parcels arriving, my courier and I are on first name terms ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
Only a bread bin (we needed one anyway) and some Christmas decorations reduced for next year. We bought our house this year and having lived in a smaller flat previously, I'm trying to expand our collection so it expands from just the living room and into the kitchen and upstairs!

Oh, I tell a lie. OH and I bought some house plants that had been reduced too.

Spent WAAAY too much already! Christmas (we go all out) plus 3 birthdays in one week! Also, need - new sofas, new kitchen sink unit, new floor in kitchen and utility room, drive re-doing - I've depressed myself now, I'll stop. :( :eek:

Spent WAAAY too much already! Christmas (we go all out) plus 3 birthdays in one week! Also, need - new sofas, new kitchen sink unit, new floor in kitchen and utility room, drive re-doing - I've depressed myself now, I'll stop. :( :eek:
That sounds like you need more than a January sale! Lottery maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Nope. If I need it, it's been purchased.
I bought walking boots reduced back in September. Companies do this all year round if you shop around.
Long gone are the January sales, they started before Christmas!

Reactions: Toz and Kite_Rider
I’ve ordered Levi a new lightweight stable rug. I’ve been waiting for the one I wanted to come on sale - it has a wide fleece collar to help protect his mane, and is black and silver to match my silver-grey pony <3. He probably won’t use it until Spring, but will need it then.

Also bras for me:oops:. I’m tricky to fit so I wait for reductions on a specific style in a specific (annoyingly expensive!) brand!

Got things listed on ebay and people are watching/ bidding so it's not just new things people want.
I don't usually bother this time of year.

Reactions: Toz
Got things listed on ebay and people are watching/ bidding so it's not just new things people want.
I don't usually bother this time of year.
Good luck! I sell lots on eBay but have noticed it’s got slower more recently. As above I buy a lot but do sell unwanted stuff to fund it!

I love sale shopping. I have lost weight recently and needed some clothes that fitted. My favourite shops are Fatface, The White Stuff and Next. All have really good sales so I took advantage.

I got nothing horsey, I did buy some new Ariat boots in the Black Friday sale and needs new jods, but now that Aldi are doing their riding gear in February I will wait for that.

Good luck! I sell lots on eBay but have noticed it’s got slower more recently. As above I buy a lot but do sell unwanted stuff to fund it!

I detest eBay now, have not sold anything for ages but tried to sell a couple of jumpers I haven't worn as having a clear out, what a nightmare, people really just want something for nothing these days, I had them on a starting bid of £5, both brand new with tags that cost upwards of £40 new, M&S and Joe Browns - had people offering £2, one even offered to take both of them off my hands for £3 - one the buyer never paid and the other got returned as the buyer wasn't in when it was delivered and they never bothered picking it up!
Both have now gone in the Air ambulance charity shop bag as I really don't have time for the faff of eBay.

Reactions: Toz
I detest eBay now, have not sold anything for ages but tried to sell a couple of jumpers I haven't worn as having a clear out, what a nightmare, people really just want something for nothing these days, I had them on a starting bid of £5, both brand new with tags that cost upwards of £40 new, M&S and Joe Browns - had people offering £2, one even offered to take both of them off my hands for £3 - one the buyer never paid and the other got returned as the buyer wasn't in when it was delivered and they never bothered picking it up!
Both have now gone in the Air ambulance charity shop bag as I really don't have time for the faff of eBay.
It really can be a pita. I always uncheck the offers box now, as you say people offer stupid annoying money!

yes it can be frustrating selling on eBay. I had someone give me bad feedback saying that a top had a funny smell! I was mortified as it was washed in Bold two in one Lavender lol but I got their horrible comment removed by ebay admin. Another time I sold something and the buyer claimed it never arrived despite me having tracking proof. Never paid me and I had to give them a refund and postage back!!! It does wear me down and recently I’ve only bought and not sold on there. I won’t even put equestrian stuff on, I sold two like new riding jackets and never told the buyer I’d give them a reduced post rate as I didn’t think they would go for one price, she gave me awful feedback and got two bloody good riding coats for £5!!! And still grumbled!!!

• Angry
Reactions: Toz and Huggy
newrider.com