Anyone else having a bad week?

Travis's Mum

May 5, 2005
Iv only ridden my mare twice this week due to weather, Farrier and Dentist visiting. First day I rode she was lunging brilliantly, we are practising on her trot to canter transitions, she's bucking going into canter, and she was great no bucking going into canter so when I started to ride she was doing well she can be a bit cheeky at times but soon started to listen but when I asked for a few canter strides at the end of the ride she bucked, managed to stay on!got her into a forward going trot just to end the ride on a good note. Anyway couldn't ride the next two days due to weather (no indoor school) so did some lunging and then rode there were a couple of other horses in the arena and I think she was just excited at having company with her, now these two horses are dressage horses with fantastic riders, Im not a bad rider, have been back in the game for 2years no :D but you know what I mean you just start feeling inadequate, plus horsey decided today was the day she wasn't going to listen to me!!!so in the end after 15mins riding I gave up, groomed her and turned her out and felt like a failure!!!I thinks its the fact you think the other people are looking at you and thinking "my god"!which they probably werent! Sorry to go on but feeling like a bit of a failure this week when things were going so well with us we're just 2months into ownership. I think I just need to stop the pressure on myself and just enjoy what Iv got. Thanks or listening guys :eek:

Last edited:
Just take a rest! It is wet, cold and dark - I haven't ridden for two weeks:eek:
Christmas is coming and we are all getting stressed. Just enjoy her - grooming etc, until either Christmas is over or the rain stops.

The other folk are probably just thinking 'another rushed, stressed person - how long til I can go home!!!!!!!' - so chill, enjoy and have some festive cheer.:D

Yes thanks, do I qualify for the hat and teeshirt?

Two hopping lame horses for no apparent reason, one in foal,

The other mare I was really hoping was in foal isn't, got the test results back today.

And one of my ferrets had to be PTS today. Massive tumour in his guts that they tried to remove and couldn't.
All in all a pretty pooey week.

I've not had the best of weeks either. I've been ill, had really bad results on a science exam, my horse has stopped jumping and i've got a show on sunday and the cutest little pony on the yard was PTS this afternoon :(

oh well, we have to remember 'Things can only get better ;) '

Oh Wally, sounds like you are having a bad week, think you do win the hat and tshirt, puts my week into prespecitive! Yours too Millie, Lets hope things get better!!!! Plus Santa aint wrapped any of his presents for my two kiddies yet!!!!!!!!B8r get a move on!!!!! x

Last edited:
yes!! not ridden for over 2 weeks because of the wind, star turns into a little monster when he thinks those killer leaves are going to bite his bum!! plus had big stress with college and last minute assignments!! thankfully i can go home tomorrow and star can have chill time in the field!

Its been an allround bad week for me too. Wheres the christmas Spirt gone???

Horse suffering with kidney stones £1000 bill... cant afford to buy anyone presents this year :mad:

Horse has a bad back and I don't know why. His pasture resembles a paddy field.

Had to endure an undeserved reaming at work today for doing the right thing.

When I added up my workload for next year today, it exceeded the number of days in the year! Anyone fancy a job as my assistant?

Just got worse

Well just when I thought the week couldn't get worse it has, my horsey in in a small paddock next to her usual field as had vet out to a scab she had which had been visable to me for two weeks now, so she's on her own, just in case, he thinks it could be a sacroid!!!but doesn't look like one but wants her separate incase its anything else. Anyway I usually give her the weekend off and this is when the kids are off so spend the time with them but I go up muck out and if she's not turned out yet Ill do it if not I pop to the field to see her. If you've read any of my other pics you'll know we had our problems. Anyhow (soz it long) saw her yesterday after I had mucked out and she came over to me to say hi all fine. This morning I went up before I mucked out, she had prob mybe only been out an hour and a lot of the horses were in their stables as there was ayard competition on, so I went to her first as I walked to the field she spooked at a bird! in the next two fields away some of the geldings were out and were tearing about the field, I proceed into her field gave her a rub and some carrots, I turned to come away and she followed at my side and the next minute she was rearing up beside me, god did I get a fright, now she used to do this when leading when I first got her couple months ago so don't know whether she thought she was being led and was maybe napping?:confused: and way I came out the field as I didn't have a hard hat or leadrope with me and had got such a fright, One of the liveries had seen this. I stayed at the side of the field and she pranced about and had another mini rear and the other horses in the fields next to her were still galloping about mad. The other Livery rekons she was probably a bit excited with all thats going on and being on her own and thought she was maybe coming in after not long goign out and probably just being a bit of a b****( which she can be). Im going up tomorow AM to lunge and ride and Im just hoping she wont be like she was today, Im not the worlds most confident handler and she did put the frighteners on me, Im not loking 4ward to tomorrow and am feeling awfully silly (especially for my age)!!;) Did have a few tears too as Ive waited so long for my own horse. The YO is fantastic and Iknow I have their support which is great as I may not have coped otherwise, please tell me Im not alone and Im not being silly,Cause I feel it xx

Sorry guys just realised how long my post was when I posted it!!!!!!

Jenren, I went through the same last March, Best Auntie ever. I wish I could hand you the miracle. Hard things to come by.

I had a lot of Aunties, but she was the best. Cancer did for her in the end. I only I could hand out that Miracle.

newrider.com