Anyone else having to keep horses in because of the weather??

MaisieMoo

Oct 19, 2007
Don't know what it's like in the rest of UK but it's pretty awful here in scotland.

So far today I've seen blue skies and sunshine, torrential rain, hail, snow, thunder and lightning and gale force wind.

Y/O decided to keep horses in today and TBH am glad she did.

Also finding it hard to school in this weather - even with an indoor!

I think it's supposed to last for another couple of days:eek:

I think we should start a countdown to spring!

it was snowing when i came into work at 7.45am this morning and now we have clear blue skies but is bitterly cold. Mine go out rain, shine or gale. They'd be more distressed being kept in and having their routien upset.

Yep she's in! Blowing a gale here and rained non-stop she'll thank me later - not lol

I have left all our yard horses in, shame as i had my colt gelded yesterday and really do need him out a bit today as he is quite stiff and need to let the wound drain. I have walked him but he clearly didnt want to be outside in it! I am going to try again later to let him have a wander.

It's been on/off snowing here, is windy and absolutely freezing but I'm a meany and my horse is out. She will be coming in early though as the farrier is out today.

Torrential rain and gale force winds ... flash floods all round

BUT

my guys are out 24/7, poor sausages!! If it goes on like this I'll pop a neck on Rambo's rug tonight.

Our weather has been the same, sunny then torrential rain, gale force winds.. :rolleyes: We kept ours in but more in the hope of saving the fields so that when it does dry up they're not in for days on end until YO decides the fields have recovered enough for them to go out!

Yep Prince is in
He is a bit of a big baby doesnt really like the wind that much and would much rather stay in his stable with his ball and hay:D
Although he is now next to his friends and now loves going out
where he didnt before you had to pull him up to his field:eek:
Now he pulls me to his new field bless him
xxx

we've had thawing, rain, wind, sleet, snow, windchills down to around -35F....all in the last few days. Queen's been out in it all, as usual, and she is no worse for wear. What a little :)rolleyes: ) trooper! I can't wait for the warm winds to blow again....just a nice 45 degree average will be BLISS!

Windy and wet here in Devon so my girls and boy are all tucked up in stables - tiggy went out in yard first thing for about 2 mins and then put herself back into the stable - tough old welsh cob

Been really lucky local farmer has turned over his huge barn to us, its open at one end so he has made a wind break for us with very large straw bales accross half of the doorway he has allowed us to electric fence a small turnout area as well so they can come and go as they please. Barns the size of a large indoor areana only 3 of them in there. They are as happy as larry. Best of all the cost .... a free lesson to his son on one of my ponies once a week!!

Ours are all used to gales and rain by now!

All out, all fat and furry and the foals were playing in the middle of the field when I got there today!

My girl is kept in over winter and turned out to the field on reasonablly good days but the fields are like swimming pools at the mo. She has to make do with being turned out in the arena for a few hours during the day with her best horsey mate. The weather is upsetting my schooling routine too as its too wet and cold to ride and i dont have an indoor. Roll on Spring & Summer!!

newrider.com