Anyone good with rabbit insurance?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
The boy has Insurance and recently has needed vet treatment due to a infection in his lungs that showed itself as sneezing and discharge. He has been on pain relief and antibotics. Back at the vets today. Vet said lungs are now clear but still has the discharge so there going to swab it next week and send it to the lab. With next weeks bill and this it will have cost 120 quid. Vet said he couldnt say if it would reoccur without knowing what it is.
Spoke to insurance excess is 55 quid.
However due to disel falling in a small bucket of bleach when he was younger ( was given a GA to wash his mouth apart from sharpen teeth nothing was found. Teeth i was given advice for. Now insurance have excluded anything to do with his face mouth nose or ears due this. I am fighting it as its bloody stupid but should i claim or not?

It sounds much like horse insurance, 1 claim for something and they exclude it in future. I’d chat to the vet and see if they can help guide you. I’d fight it but if there’s an exclusion it might be more trouble than it’s worth, even if they give in this time and pay the £65 they will likely slap another exclusion on after this claim.

Reactions: lauren123
newrider.com