Anyone got 6k they can lend me??????

liz_scarlet

Jun 6, 2011
Roslin
This is in my Dad's garage...for sale!!! 6k and I want it, I can't ride it but its just soooo damn pretty :biggrin:

mybike.jpg

Edited to say not this exact one!!!!

I love bikes - cant ride one to save my life though!! Hubby has a very nice KTM that I sometimes ride pillion on... What make is that one? Looks rather nice:biggrin:

Not got a pic but i can get one, every time i go to parents dad drags me in to see latest progress on his others and i sit on this pretending to listen. . . Dreaming of belting round country roads :) lol

From behind the sofa.......the only motorcycle with an external, total loss oil system.........Tin hat on and still running for cover!

used to ride bonnies and travel all over europe on holiday on pillion.

we used to commute to work on a bonnie, from surrey into central london every day.

oh the days of my mis spent youth......used to go on holiday on one, 2 paniers, tank bag, top box, all my holiday gear in that - staying at michelin starred places in france - turn up on a bike and they are delighted to see you, put it in the garage, lock it up for you.

and the sound of a triumph triple .....lovely note. oh i am too geriatric now for one but i did thousands of miles on a bonnie.

As you guys appreciate a proper bike and not those blooming crotch rockets i'll take pics of dad's garage. . . I've got a bit used to it but man there are some amazing things in there lol

This was the last bike I rebuilt.
guzzi.jpg

I bought it as an insurance write off, it was supposed to have a bent frame, I got the frame down to the engineers who gigged it up and said there was nothing wrong with the frame, the forks were bent. Got new forks, clip ons and rear sets (like you do) gave it a bit of a paint job and that bike took me all over the place.

eml will recognise this one!
motorbike.jpg

This is what I have in the shed waiting for me to rebuild it.
http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/MOTO-GUZZI-V50II.jpg

Last edited:
oh gorgeous guzzi - love the sound of them, always wanted one.

We nortons as well, the ones the police head with the transverse engines but i always fancied a Guzzi or a Ducati such a lovely thumping sound

This was the last bike I rebuilt.
guzzi.jpg

I bought it as an insurance write off, it was supposed to have a bent frame, I got the frame down to the engineers who gigged it up and said there was nothing wrong with the frame, the forks were bent. Got new forks, clip ons and rear sets (like you do) gave it a bit of a paint job and that bike took me all over the place.

eml will recognise this one!
motorbike.jpg

This is what I have in the shed waiting for me to rebuild it.
http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/MOTO-GUZZI-V50II.jpg

omg...my fav bike of my dad's when we used to do ralleys was a guzzi....loved it!!! I have a pic somewhere of me aged 11 on pillion i will scan and post :giggle:

omg...my fav bike of my dad's when we used to do ralleys was a guzzi....loved it!!! I have a pic somewhere of me aged 11 on pillion i will scan and post :giggle:

We fogive him the Bonneville then :D :wavespin::tongue:

I had racing pipes on it, and they were a devil for popping and banging on over run.....and if you tickled the kill switch you could cause a backfire that would take windows out!

OH and my Guzzi collection once stood at a Lemon 1, a Spada, a Spada Royale and a V 50. I shied away from Ducatti because of the Desmodromics.

Last edited:
newrider.com