Anyone got an "Ah-bra" or JML/similar?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I can't wear a bra at the moment as I'm just too sore around that area. I did buy a M&S secret support vest a couple of days ago and with a bit of snipping of the elastic, I was comfortable AND my modesty was saved! :giggle:

I'm thinking of buying a set of the soft bras off ebay. My torso size is a good 14 but I don't want them to be tight. Wondered if the XL (size 16 equivalent) would be loose enough or whether I should go even larger. Anyone got any experiences?

Ta :)

No experience of that particular brand, but I once had a bra top stylie thing from La Redoute catalogue. It was very handy and did offer quite good support. Tbh I wore it when I was having to wear a heart monitor (got sick of flashing my boobs in their bra at the hospital!lol). I rode in it too, but I do wear a bp too, so it didn't matter about the support. It was quite good really.

I bought a pack of the Perfect Fit bras advertised in magazines when my hand was all bandaged up. They are the most comfortable I have ever worn, and they do give enough everyday support for a 40DD! I wouldn't go too large though - they do need to be fairly close fitting to be effective.

Well the thing is, when they handed out boobs, I think I was at the back of the queue as I'm generally a 36 B or C cup. However, when it's hot I do get a bit moist under them whilst I'm "commando"... I don't need a huge amount of support...I'm not going to be doing anything to get 'em bouncin' for a long while yet! :wink: I'm more concerned about the tightness of the band that goes around the chest, to be honest.

Last edited:
I have a pack of them, I am a D cup and they are a good fit. I wear them when doing house work or just veggying out, .. I would go with your normal size or plus one size only as although elastic they are not too tight if you catch my drift....

The only thing I dont like is when you get cold and the obvious happens.... there is no where to hide with no cover for you sticky out bits:redface:

Why not measure your chest? If they don't give you sizes on their website (most of them do), then email them and ask.
Doh! Now why didn't I think of that? :redface: That's a very good (and obvious once it's been suggested!) idea.... Thanks LindaAd :)

ahhhhhhhhhh bra :bounce: In work we call it the ARRRGGGHHHHH BRA.............

They are a standing joke in work, we seem to watch the Ad on our night shifts...........the men all ask 'how come the Women seem to need to wear THREE of the things together to get any support''

THEY HAVE A POINT :bounce:

The best bra for you i think would be the ones they use for people who have had boob jobs! I am one of those people and they are great, not tight as they can't restrict the stitches but supportive and they fasten at the front. Not sure where you get them from though.

I got one and love it did feel a bit exposed when I first started wearing it and you get a lot of bounce:bounce:

newrider.com