Anyone know of Farringtons near Coventry?

Shetlander

Aug 23, 2010
Surrey
Found a pony I like the sound of but trying to work out if it's worth driving 121 miles to view it at this yard.

Can anyone give me any info/feedback/experience of this place please?

xx

I have been with customers to see horses there. They are generally young and very green but safe. The owner does try very hard to match people with the correct horse and gives you lots of time to try and isn't pushy.

The one my customer bought wasn't her first choice, (he failed the vet although the vet said that was very unusual for a horse at that yard). I felt as a first time owner she took on a lot (very young 4yo) but a year on and with a lot of help things are going much better and I think she will end up with a super horse.

Go with your eyes open and someone to help advise you.

I have been with customers to see horses there. They are generally young and very green but safe. The owner does try very hard to match people with the correct horse and gives you lots of time to try and isn't pushy.

The one my customer bought wasn't her first choice, (he failed the vet although the vet said that was very unusual for a horse at that yard). I felt as a first time owner she took on a lot (very young 4yo) but a year on and with a lot of help things are going much better and I think she will end up with a super horse.

Go with your eyes open and someone to help advise you.

Thanks EML. Unfortunately I haven't got anyone knowledgeable that I could take that far away to view the pony :frown: It's fine when it's local but this is a day trip at 121 miles from home!

Not been myself but I have heard good things bout them, Belle's dentist does the horses there and is called in to check them over as soon as they arrive and he told me that while they may be a bit pricey they are generally as good as they say. I'd offer to come with you as not far from Coventry but am not experienced sadly.
I could also give you the number of the lady I bought Belle from who is also Coventry way if you like, she's a small dealer but very good.

I've been there twice with friends who were looking. One bought a horse, one didn't but only because she got offered her old loan horse to buy. They weren't at all pushy and I was impressed with them. If I was looking for another horse I would go there for a look.

I had a few emails and calls with them a while ago and they seemed very honest, if you were coming during the week I would come with you, its only and hour or so from me:happy:

I had a few emails and calls with them a while ago and they seemed very honest, if you were coming during the week I would come with you, its only and hour or so from me:happy:

Thanks Nat - this all sounds like good news. The pony sounds perfect and looks great in the vid and pics so I might go up there this Sunday. Only week day I could possibly do is next Friday... will see what happens and let you know. Would be fab to catch up if you could come along xx

newrider.com