Anyone ride in New Forest? Mobile phone signal?

fimonkey

Oct 5, 2005
Hi All,

I ride in East Christchurch and New Forest (Holmsley - Burley area) and have no luck with the mobile providers I've tried so far which are; T mobile, 3 and Virgin.

Someone mentioned vodafone are the best, but then another person said they were rubbish, same for 02 and Orange.

Anyone have any experience of mobile phone signal in the forest? I ride there alone a lot and need a phone for safety.

Many thanks

there is one provider which works everywhere- i'm in brock and have tried vodafone, o2, BT and orange and none work at the yard. will see which one it is tonight.

go on the different providers websites enter your postcode and it should give you idea of coverage

Ive had 3, vodaphone, 02, virgin and not one works in the forest. If you find one that works let me know because ive been in need of one for years! They tell us to take a mobile incase of accident but whats the use when we cant get signal!

If you are in trouble and have no signal you can still phone 999 and it will use the closest network it can (even if it isnt the one your on) but this could still be an issue if it isnt serious enough to need emergancy services but still need help.

x

newrider.com