Anyone used Equine Iridology on their horse?

I had no idea what it was so I googled it and found a site with so much clap-trap and utter misinformation on it I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if thats the kind of folk it attracts to practice it.

I had an iridology assessment on Ziggy when I bought him. My friend Catherine is a practitioner.

She studied hard and takes it seriously and she gets some good results. For Ziggy she reported old musculoskeletal injuries which the equine chiropractor later confirmed, plus a single bout of laminitis which my farrier confirmed. So it worked well for me. Neither of these would have shown up at vetting as he was 100% sound at the time.

I hope it wasn't her site (equineiridology.co.uk) that you thought was full of b*llocks, Wally... If it was, hey ho, and I apologise on her behalf!

Sorry I am with Wally, what a load of mumbo jumbo!

I had to research the efficacy of a few different complimantary therapies as part of a course last year and I picked iridology as one, the more you look into it the more you will be surprised that people fall for it. You can be a 'practitioner' through several made up colleges for about £100!

Sorry if this offends, but do the research if you dont agree!

Nope it wasn't that one you mention, though I looked at several and they all spout the same clap-trap.

The iris is no more connected to the rest of your body than my backside, and you'd learn more about me by the bruises on my bum than the marks on my iris.

newrider.com