anyone used one of these before?

CheriFen

Aug 31, 2011
Maine USA
as I'm shopping for a new bitless bridle I saw these. I have a brand new only used once english bridle with bit, that now goes unused. I'm wondering if buying this bosal and using in my current english bridle would work.

is the leather or smooth rope bosal more harsh and how do you think a horse does with a side pull vs. the poll pressure of the cross under?

http://compare.ebay.com/like/251046130061?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I have one in rope & my boy goes better in it than in anything else. Mine is just the noseband ,though you can get them on a hanger with reins ,& I have attatched it to my bridle it looks fine & works well.Think the rope ones seem better than leather & probably free off more easily.

It looks like it will act as a side pull. If you look how tight the browband and throat is, i wonder if this is because when you take up the rein, the bridle check piece will move.

I have a rope low ring bitless, rings similar to what is listed. Biggest issue is it moves because of the design i guess.

I know someone who used to use it as it used your existing bridle. You can but try.

yeah Newforest, I did notice the throat being tight but didn't think about it being because the nose band slipped. =( hope not.

It should be here in a few days and I'll try it out.

and what type or brand of bitless bridle are you using? I keep seeing the rope bitess and they look cool and I am considering ordering one but then I read that they are harsh. does your rope halter seem harsh to you?

newrider.com