Appley at TREC today - GO TEAM SOGGY!!!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
My friend, her Exmoor (now at same yard as us, yay!), Appleh and I went to TREC today :)

it was very VERY wet indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Control Of Paces was borderline dangerous (slippery long grass), luckily they'd made the corridor a bit wider ... Appley bucked going into canter (at my raincoat I think - naughty Poh!) but kept pace throughout :D Havent got the results yet but shouldnt be zero :dance:

Obstacles were mostly ok, we did smash up the S-Bend as always, failed miserably at the gate and reinback :giggle: ...

Orienteering was a bit of a disaster! we went as a pair, it rained hard my friends copy of the map had disintegrated completely withinn 10 mins so I ended up 'navigating' for a while (I can't actually read maps and we didn't think to just give my map to friend until we were lost!) - ground was terrifyingly wet and slippy so trot was the fastest we could do, and we even got off and led a few times ... we came in a whopping 40 minutes over time, ahem :redface:

afterwards, I found I had

- two inches of water in my boots
- soggy knickers
- a seat saver like a wet sponge (nice ... NOT! any tips of getting it dry? anyone?)
- soaked chaps

but fun was had by all and im a bit sad the TREC Season at this venue is over now until next summer :(

No clue what I'm doing or where my head has gone

218169_10152116968155597_974561604_n_zps74071d19.jpg

(not so) low branches. we trotted in and cantered out!

545702_10152116967630597_1525015374_n_zpsd0c4debc.jpg

and

225844_10152116968475597_192336827_n_zps4119ecd3.jpg

no pics of the buckaroonees, phew!!

Julia
x

Where you looking for polos in the first photo? :wink:

I have a pair of waterproof trousers for riding on days like that one. Though i have had a evoking xb and carried on wet through as it was training session.

OMG!! You must be mad, it was p*55ing down today!! it was all I could do to force his lordship through a couple of Dressage test practices for our very wet lesson. In the end he decided the ony way to get baick to his nice dry stable and haynet was to power through the tests in double quick time.

I take my hat off to you lady, you must be as hardy as the exmoors!

haha, 'crazy inspiration' to some, 'sh*t we have transport prebooked and will lose money if we bail out now!!' to others :wink:

I do love my little poneh very much though! she hates riding in the rain, but soldiered on (minus the bucks and the random spooks and planting out orienteering ... our ride partner had similar issues and once two exmoors have decided the track ahead is 'no go' ... it can take a while!!!)

Julia
x

Such a shame that the last one of their season had such awful weather. Not sure I would have gone in that so kudos to you. I was thinking of you yesterday and hoping you had missed the worst of the weather - obviously not.

Are you doing Trec on Sunday at Bramble Hill Farm?

Madness I am telling you complete madness, But well done.

I have all the bad weather gear but always forget to put it on in time and end up with soggy pants as well.

newrider.com