Appley goes jumping!!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
... jumping very small cross poles that is :)

Friend took us to a local clear round and jumping thing this morning :D we did a small clear round and a small class full of very small ponyclubbers! We came 6th out of 8 - we somehow managed to legitimately beat two people :giggle:

Appley travelled alone and took it all in her usual laid back stride, bless her :wub:

After the clear round, when we went in again for the class she was a bit confused to start with (eg. but we've just done this? are you SURE we do the same thing twice? this is most peculiar) and we hopped a few from a near standstill ... whoops!

then she got the hang of it again :) I managed to remember the course and did not get lost!!!!!

oooh errrr

I love this pony!!!

we got a BIG rosette that says PLACED on it :D

Appley not too enthralled I dragged her off her haynet :p

Those jumps are lovely and sweet. Very inviting size for you both. Well done for having a go. I recall getting beaten by an 11.2hh in the 1ft class once. :giggle:

Do you shorten your stirrups a hole?

didn't shorten them for this one but would if I went any higher I think - they are a tad long for jumping :)

oh and we WERE beaten by a Shetland Cross, a few Section As .... with tiny kids on them ... :giggle:

I did do a much bigger crosspole (just under 2ft?) in the warmup but no pics of that - there was just the one jump in there and I figured I should probably go over it!

Oh Appley is so lovely, and she is brave. Ziggy would throw fifty fits if I asked him to walk between those wings, even without any poles!!!!!

I would have loved to join in the show with you. Although my horse would have towered above eveyone else! Well done, it's great that you enjoyed the experience.

I am amazed how much winter coat you still have for May.

Mine has started losing but is hanging onto the belly. The wind must blow up that here.

all of ours up there moult quite late. Appley's is coming out in heaps now, as is Angel's :) Furminator working overtime! you wouldn't believe how much hair can come out of a clipped pony!!!

newrider.com