Appley goes showing - pics :D

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
Today Appley and I went to a local RC show :)

We did Prettiest Mare inhand, which wasn't so pretty - note to self: practice trotting up inhand, pony is getting rather, uh, complacent :tongue:

A little pep talk beforehands ...

IMG_0984.jpg

and off we trudge!

IMG_0985.jpg

holding people up ...

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

... and sucking up to the judge :wink: (we were not placed!!)

IMG_0997.jpg

and then .....

... we brazenly attempted the ridden M&M class! note we only have a grass school at home. also note we rarely go in there and mostly hack ... (and she is only 4 so no need to be all 'strapped in and head down', anyway!)

Past 'where jumpwings go to die' ...

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

standing in the lineup is booooring

IMG_1025.jpg

doing her best donkey impression

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

but! it went well, we even had a canter (and a wobbly figure of 8 in trot, i have NO clue at all about showing so tried to copy what everyone else did) and CAME FIFTH!! (ok out of 6 BUT WE WErEN't last for the first time ever!!!)

IMG_1039.jpg

and got to do the lap of honour :giggle:

IMG_1054.jpg

i :wub: my poneh!!

Julia
x

@ ginger ruby - yep, she is rather chillaxed!! always has been! she's been on walkies on the roads inhand since she was two, and has been longreined out and about for a while as well! i try to expose her to 'stuff' as much as possible. the fact she is not one of nature's worriers also helps!! she does do a nice tantrum, too, though :giggle:

Thanks for sharing your pics - your pony very cute!

I would never have imagined I could have a go at anything in the showing world but you (and Jane&Ziggy) have inspired me to have a go at something at some point.

Congrats to you and Appley!

She is so slim and elegant! I am going to show her pictures to Ziggy to inspire him.

Mind you, he will take one look and say, "Huh. So?"

@shetlander - was only a small local show :D i don't think much of showing, to be honest, too much hard work!!!!

@ jandziggy - that's the healthy hillside living in rough grazing for yer :) 40 acres of it, never been fertilised!

she looks a real pro and very much why do we have to bother to do this .....her face says it all!

she is great for such a youngster! with all that grass as temptation....

Hope you don't mind me saying but it looks like your saddle is a little low in front which means the front of the flap is a little back, so you don't have much room for your knees. It will also place pressure on the front of the saddle and might mean it lifts at the back in rising trot, as it could well be too wide. If you think it is too wide it might be worth trying a folded towel, or a stable (not foam or gel) front rise pad - once in balance you'll both probably be even happier :D

She's very cute and a total pro!

@ sbloom - saddle fits absolutely fine (the limpet underneath it makes it look a bit odd though, and the seatsaver on it makes the back look higher than the front), been professionally fitted and checked recently. I'm never going to have much room for my knees in a 16" saddle on a 12.1h pony, to be honest :)

newrider.com