Appley goes X Country!!!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
WHAT A DAY!!!

Friend and I hired a little X Country course this morning! Confident teenage jump jockey in tow, we set off ....

I love my pony!!!

First she was a bit confused by it all eg. right, obstacles in the way, hmm, should I swerve around them? Climb them? Tell me, what do I do?

This is where my utter lack of jumping ability comes in, I found it quite hard to begin with to keep her straight and forward whilst at the same time not getting all nervous (note: I don't normally 'do' jumping!! ever since Angel fell over with me about 7 years ago I've been suffering horrendous nerves when it comes to anything remotely jump-like!). I even managed to leap off the side door as I thought we'd tripped. Landed on my feet though, no harm done (other than a VERY baffled pony!)

And bless her, Appley tried just about anything a little poneh can do to a jump! standing on it, standing in it (almost getting her tiny hoof stuck!), bashing it with her foot, walking over it, sniffing it ....

This is where my super little 'jump jockey' comes in!! She is a great little rider, confident, determined and not at all rough and doesn't get 'angry' either :).

So D. (said jockey) got on and after a few 'goes' they flew around the course :D I was sooooooooo proud of my little pony!! She's such a terrific sport, she never stopped!!

Then I got on again and she gave me a lead on friend's lovely cob! WHAT A BUZZ!!! we sort of hurtled after them, flying over the little (2ft being the most ... but she's only 12hh!!!) jumps. I had a few exclaims of 'wahooooo!!!!' - and one that went 'f*************k' when we went over a tree thing that I declared 'NO GO!' when we first arrived!!

knackered now!!!!!

Hopefully I'll get some pics/videos later on!!!

JUlia
x

Cant wait to see the videos and pics :wink::wink:

Sounds amazing fun and one amazing ponieo :inlove:

You suffer from nerves and dont do jumping and whizz round xc!! Wow impressive stuff..... I need a shocked smilie for this!!

Not poodle Not poodle, where for out thou photos Notpoodle. :wink:

Xc is fun because I do recall stopping and climbing over something wooden. I said to instructor that they are well made and did he want us to try again.

Two pics have surfaced so far!

(and yes, my BP makes me look like an extra in Merlin!! There was a reason I got it cheap - the colour scheme is hideous, haha!!)

Wheee!!

537013_10151363703727073_189056207_n_zps6ea7fb0d.jpg

and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK (it mat not look like much to you guys but for me that's like HUGE!!)

543131_10151363708682073_721313074_n_zps5c422df1.jpg

JUlia
x

Lovely lovely thread, well done you and Appley I love your pony!

For what it's worth I think you are very brave and two foot jumps seem huge to me also.
You must be grinning still.

Woweeee, well done! I think I would have had my eyes closed jumping over that log! Appley is such a little star and she didn't half get the hang of it - she looks like a proper pro!

These are super action shots...you must be so proud of Appley and yourself and on such a high :cloud9:

That just looks fab, love the size of the XC jumps, would be perfect size for me and Moët, shame its not near us!

I bet you can't wait to go again!!

Well done you and well done super Appley! That does look fun...

I love the size of those fences - nice that the course builders have made a 'proper' mini course, with little version of the bigger obstacles. So often they just stick a log here and there for the ponios.

Great stuff

newrider.com