Appley has been working very hard!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
We had another lesson with the RI of my RI last week :) since we have no school at home (and in the winter, not even a grass arena), we don't do much schooling in winter (in fact she's been turned away previous winters ...).

(excuse my dodgy position/riding - after 25-odd years of riding, I remain very much a work in progress!!!!!)

appley-and-julia-12-.jpg

Flicky-leg pony

appley-and-julia-9-.jpg

appley-and-julia-8-.jpg

after a big tantrum about not wanting to canter away from exit/friend/people ...

appley-and-julia-6-.jpg

appley-and-julia-7-.jpg

appley-and-julia-2-.jpg

and my favourite one - clever little poh!!

530629_10151207222382073_1682014169_n.jpg

Julia

That's looks fun.

I also like your clip, do you still pop lightweight on or nothing? I find the cob is so hairy and next winter if we do more, she would benefit from at least the belly gone.
We will want to see you in the Intro Class.

Last edited:
Awh! Good appley!

Nf, I clip tummy and small bit from neck - dont rug unless weight drops - a low clip is not enough to warrant either of mine needed a rug.

I'm wishing I clipped this year, madams stomach is matted - loose hair and mud - not good and she won't let me brush it :(

haha it wasn't Appley! one of the RI's horses kicked it ....

@ newforest: our field is so exposed and bare they're all rugged up. appley wears a medium, sometimes heavy with a neck. i know this sounds ridiculous given she is an exmoor but they do not thrive on fresh air up our field ...

Not at all mad notpoodle, we have a field that is next to the other, but the temperature is dramatic. Its freezing almost wind tunnel type. The cob hates it. Thanks for replying.

Ps, glad we don't have a mirror. I think i would have a guilty cob.

Oh bless her she looks like she is really concentrating, glad we dont have mirror either, the one time Cracker saw one he went into fast reverse due to the terrifying black pony comming towards him!

Oh bless her she looks like she is really concentrating, glad we dont have mirror either, the one time Cracker saw one he went into fast reverse due to the terrifying black pony comming towards him!

Lol, Storm used to put her ears back at the grey connie that followed us around the school..................:giggle::giggle:

Awww Appley pony, she is great!! :inlove:

Teehee @ the schooling mirror i didnt even notice!! Id love a mirror, i think they are a great schooling aid! :happy:

the school is great (not ours, sadly, it's a 40min drive away!). when appley first saw the mirror she was a bit 'UH-OH!', then nuzzled it, then played a bit by moving and marvelling at the very clever pony copying her, bless her :)

rode to a local school we can hire today to practice for the dressage. she was very good (if a little speedy and unbalanced! the cold weather and clip have set the wind up her little tail a bit!!!!!!!), and I can remember about half the test now - result!!

newrider.com