appley tries (and masters!) ... hacking!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
went for a lovely solo hack with appley this morning :) apart from some 'issues' getting on (i led up the road and scramble on once on the bridlepath using a ditch/gate/whatever as i dont want to do her back in dragging myself up using stirrups) where appley thought it more important to be in a good position to GRAZE rather than one TO LET MUM CLAMBER ON!

other than that - lovely ride :) she is proving very much on the forward (but polite!!) side which is excellent :D we just walked today as it was quite hot! she scuttled a bit at a pheasant and when walking her home along the road (eg me on foot!) a big dog barked out of a passing car and scared the bejesus out of her (i think she was dozing off and he woke her up!) - cue a few big leaps :redface: she never takes off or panics though (touch wood!!!!)

Image1088.jpg

back home ....

appleyroll.jpg

Image1090.jpg

Image1089.jpg

julia
x

notpoodle;2651143 where appley thought it more important to be in a good position to GRAZE rather than one TO LET MUM CLAMBER ON! x[/QUOTE said:
Love it - just like my Daisy - we have some rather 'heated conversations' in the strangest of places when i am trying to mount, I like to find a nice bank by the the side of a lane but she has always got another agenda - grass :giggle:
love your pics - really starting to miss my girly and our hacking now, 5 days without seeing her or sniffing her is doing me in - your pics are an inspiration to one who may need some confidence building :unsure:

i am really not all that confident myself :redface: appley is brilliant in that she looks after me and I always feel safe with/on her - i would be awful and very very nervous with a spooky/highly strung pony!

Good little ponio - bet you are thrilled - very positive for a first hack - well actually, very positive for ANY hack!:biggrin:

not our first hack :redface: (title slightly misleading!) she's been mostly hacking since she was backed (we dont really have a school so 'training' is mostly done out and about!). it WAS our second 'proper' solo-hack though! eg on a route i'd take with my other pony rather than just up and down the track :)

newrider.com