appley's (and mine!) snowy adventure!!

notpoodle

Jul 16, 2003
Brighton!
Visit site
what a good and clever madam appley is!! snow at the field today, but a bunch of, erm, kids (on closer inspection, mostly grownups, ahem) decided to ride up the field in the snow bareback :) since angel's bridle was at home but appley's was at the yard .... i decided to take appley up :)

she's technically turned away at the minute, hasnt been sat on in quite some time and only ever cantered with a rider once before. albeit, rug off, bridle on, hop on pony and ...

julia-and-appley-7-_640.jpg

julia-and-appley-5-_640.jpg

julia-and-appley-2-_640.jpg

sadly no canter pics (the little girl taking pics wasn't fast enough!!), but to give you an idea of the snowiness of it all ...

ponies-in-the-snow-2-_640.jpg

i am so pleased with little appley, she is everything i could have hoped for and so much more :)

That's fabtastic! Looks like great fun! I want to ride in the snow but we don't have enough to make a decent surface - the inch we have only hides the divots in the field instead of covering them.

we have quite a bit up the field :) (but didnt want to take my chances with angel and her front shoes for fear of snow balling up and whatnot). i am soooo proud of appley!!! she enjoyed herself but was sensible/intrigued when some of the others literally bombed off (she doesnt yet know one can 'bomb off' with a rider and, for the time being, i should like to keep it that way and stick to cantering along nicely!).

those are lovley pics

im rather jealous, of you riding bareback in the snow, and just the snow in general, our snow is like icing sugar and the roads have patches of ice on so cant ride on them, and in the school the ground is rock solid, annie nearly slipped on ice coming through the gate onto yard today, fotunately 2 of her feet were allready on non icy ground

just wish it would snow enough for it to actually be use full snow, and be able to be ridden in, we havent had enough snow to even throw one snowball yet :redcarded:

What a lovely pony, that looks like huge fun :) Shame the snow is such a mixed blessing, hope you manage to get out and about again.

newrider.com