Are Criollos gaited?

Jen_e_Jen

Jackson's Mama
Apr 7, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana. U.S.
:confused:I just saw a video on youtube and it was several different horses racking VERY quickly on pavement. The video had a blurb in the corner claiming that they were Criollos. I have never seen one in person, but I've never heard anything here on NR about them being gaited, is this accurate?

I'll back track and see if I can't find the video again.

I didn't *think* Crillos were gaited.....but they might be.
The horses in the videos are definatley gaiting: a running walk and a pace.

My gut feeling is that it is more of a literal interpretation of "criollo" - ie "of spanish origin" ? They look a little like Paso Fino's to me (willing to stand corrected though if someone with more experience of PF doesn't agree) certainly our criollo's are not gaited.

Wow their legs were moving so fast i couldnt c what was going on!! Although turned the sound up and it made it even faster!!

I don't speak much spanish(other than wheres the bathroom and check please,lol) so didn't really understand the website.

I did a little search and read that depending on what region they are from they have different conformation, maybe that would contribute to some being more naturally gaited.

Anadura horses are an offshoot of the Paso Fino, but the breeding is not regulated and most are not papered...

....I wonder if that makes them cheaper than papered Pasos.......probably not, how hum. :D :D

They are certainly an "interesting" offshoot of the paso.
I did wonder if they were related in some way - but there is no way that pasos can pace (like the black horse did) which stopped me saying it.
Hmmm, certainly an interesting combination.

newrider.com