Are you getting the heatwave

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
It was too hot to jump today, so just groomed.
Then the mist defended in about two minutes and you couldn't see.

It was cold here this morning, but now very pleasant indeed. We should be getting heat wave on Tuesday according to forecast. I don't like it too warm, just enough to be comfortable out in a t-dirt is fine by me.

Yes, I drank 4 litres of water working down the yard today and my nickname is camel as I normally only drink a glass or two.

Its 26c here just now, meant to be up to 30 by Wednesday :) i love warm weather :D though I don't like working to hard when its humid so I did my chores first thing and got back from driving hank at about 1.30 to have a relaxing afternoon just pottering about the house/garden, now I'm getting ready to go and ride Jess :D

Far to hot and humid here today, when I arrived down at my yard the two of them were waiting at the gate wanting to come in to get away from the cleggs. Poor Marley is tortured but they don't seem to go near Rummy? I left the two of them in for the afternoon, its nice and cool in their stables. I am going back down now and hopefully ride as it is cooling down a bit..

Blooming baltic here today! (Edinburgh) I was at a horse show supporting a friend and had on a t-shirt, a hoodie, a jacket and a gillet and I was still cold!! On my way into town now and have on a similar amount of layers!

It's been lovely here - sunny and breezy just enough to rid the horses of the flies - and perfect for me too, I don't do hot at all.

Me and Rox had a jumping lesson and it was 26 degrees! Both drank gallons of water once it was done. The flies are horrendous at the mo - absolutely massive horse flies, and loads of them!

Jack used his stable for the first time today. Him and Albi will be coming in tomorrow and Tuesday too. And maybe Wednesday, depending on how the weather goes. We've just got home from turning then back out....so lovely and cooll now and hardly any flies.

Last edited:
just nice and warm up here, not to uncomfortable with a breeze. I dont think I could bear the heat down south anymore! I went to Edinburgh recently and couldnt cope with the heat lol !

I rode him last night when it was cooler, but the flies were still dreadful, I had to keep stopping to kill them all off him...then he took a coughing fit which he has never done before, just as i was starting to panic about it he stopped? Its still warm here today and tomorrow its to be the hottest day of the year so far..@domane I am bringing my two in from lunchtime until this evening again, it gets them out of the worst of it and away from the flies..

The bugs are terrible here too, I put on military grade bug cream yesterday morning and still got eaten alive last night, I have 27 big ole bites :(

The bugs are terrible here too, I put on military grade bug cream yesterday morning and still got eaten alive last night, I have 27 big ole bites :(

Ooooh that's horrid. I soon forget how annoying and painful bites can be. So glad I am away from the heat now. Sending cooling vibes to you!

Yes and it's fabulous! I'm loving the heat although it's not meant to last, I too am being eaten alive by the bugs, my right thigh is twice the size of my left just now, from one bite! The rest are just driving me nuts with the itching, I've tried every thing from after bite pen to antihistamine and nothing seems to be working :-(

I love the heat (three tours of the middle east does that to you). But I am stuck in doors for the next 3 days on 12 hour shifts.

I rode at 8 last night it was very cool and no flies. Ginger still got a massive sweat on but it was his own fault he was in one of his fu&k you moods so instead of a gentle 1/2 school it was a nails 1/2 hour of hard work.

Going up late again tonight when I finish work

newrider.com