Aren't horses great?!!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Today OH was feeling particularly glum - he's got his mother driving him nuts and work is still not quite as secure as he'd hoped. Anyway, this afternoon I was going to seize the opportunity for a ride whilst he finished some work. Well I got to thinking - so I went and fetched his jodhs and hat and groomed Storm and put her bridle on. He was surprised when I said he was to ride her as he's not been on board for three months! He thinks he's too heavy so I said we would ditch the saddle and just plod bareback. Well I am pleased to report they both looked happy and comfy and he's now cheered up considerably! His small plod in the sun has really done hom good - so much so that he made a prawn stir fry for lunch......
Sometimes they really are the best therapy. She worked her magic on him!

Good to hear Trews.

Funny how all the other :poop: going on in life can just dissolve away as soon as we are near or on a horse.

Thing is, it's like she knew he needed a quiet plod, it was quite breezy, and one of the stable doors slammed too, if I'd been on board she'd have leapt about, but she was so good for him. I can see now why horses are so good for disabled people and people needing therapy etc. They seem to know when we are in a bad place.

I agree you are a very, very good wife - I do hope he appreciates you?:giggle: I am sure he does.:smile:

I sometimes think that getting on the back of a horse is a miraculous cure all, I have occasionally felt so ill physically and mentally that I can barely tack up...but by the time I am a mile up the road I feel like a new person. And the real bonus is that the buzz stays with me for the whole of the day.:wink:

Yes, he does appreciate it, I am lucky also, his food is amazing!!! When he's feeling creative (like today) his meals just get better and better..........(hehehee, and I wonder why my jeans get tighter...........!)

newrider.com