Arghhh - weight gain!

Well I decided to go for '10 a day' in line with new research yesterday. And I've been on the loo ever since! (Sorry TMI??)

And I ate 5 a day anyway so I hope people don't go from zero to 10!!!

Half a kilo down sofar.....

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Blimey that's good going, half a kilo in less than three days, you'll have to write a diet book. I've gained half a kilo in a week, despite running, walking approx 20k steps a day and eating the same as always. I did drop a few pounds in the first 6 weeks of running, last week stayed the same and this week gained. Bugger!

Well I decided to go for '10 a day' in line with new research yesterday. And I've been on the loo ever since! (Sorry TMI??)

And I ate 5 a day anyway so I hope people don't go from zero to 10!!!

Half a kilo down sofar.....

Hahahaha plop till ya drop! Lol ten a day would leave me trapped in the bathroom for sure

Blimey that's good going, half a kilo in less than three days, you'll have to write a diet book. I've gained half a kilo in a week, despite running, walking approx 20k steps a day and eating the same as always. I did drop a few pounds in the first 6 weeks of running, last week stayed the same and this week gained. Bugger!

Maybe it's muscle? I never worry about my weight, I worry when my clothes get tight lol.

Reactions: Trewsers
How does anyone define 5 a day or 10 a day? That was part of the problem. And what counts as a serving.
Watched the program about food on BBC2 last night so made OH Mexican eggs for breakfast - with onion, tomatos, chile. That is 3. But the programme showed that most cultures eat carbs for breakfast. So the only fruit or veg we normally eat then might be a scatter of blueberries.

A friend warned me once that you dont lose weight eating masses of fruit. We eat fruit instead of pudding at lunch and supper. And a veg with our evening meal and lettuce and tomato with a sandwich for lunch. So(excluding potatoes) the trad English diet is giving 5 fruit and veg a day.

We eat meatless twice a week or so with veg curries or middle eastern food that may up the varieties. I have soup at the moment made with carrots, celery, beans, corn, onions, tomatos , chile and garlic.
But if that counts as 8 of your 10 a day it seems faintly ridiculous. It means one hits 10 a day with any Minestrone, or vegetable curry.

Rather than 10 a day it makes just as much sense to me to see that over a week we may eat 10 different vegetables. I like to make lentil soup, pea and leek soup, brocolli soup. We like to eat mushrooms with garlic or cauliflower with peas. Single veg soups and dishes should not be discouraged.

Maybe it's muscle? I never worry about my weight, I worry when my clothes get tight lol.
I doubt it Bodshi, who knows, to be honest I never usually weight myself, like you If my clothes start to feel tight I do something about it, I was curious as to what running would do to my weight, if anything.

10 a day is a lot, especially if you want to emphasise the veg rather than the fruit.

We are successfully eating more lightly and adding to our veg count by replacing carbs with veg. For example, Steve fancied sausages for dinner on Thursday, so we had 2 sausages each with a big (delicious) stew of leek, celeriac, cavolo nero (kale) and flageolet beans. Night before was kale, mushroom and chick pea curry. Dishes like that contribute 4 or 5 veg portions on their own and are delicious.

I try to add leafy greens whenever I can. I'm eating leftovers this weekend because Steve is away; today lunch is spinach pie, left over kale & mushroom curry for dinner, left over squash bake for lunch tomorrow. I think I will be doing 10 a day!

We both love carbs - pasta, rice, couscous, potatoes, bread - but these days I try not to make them the main accompaniment more than 2 or 3 times a week. Squash and sweet potatoes are sort of in between - they are high in carbs but their micronutrients make them count as veggies. Plus I still have lots of squash from last summer's crop so they are free!

1.1 kg down so far. Which is good as that lovely new dress from @Jane&Ziggy is on the snug side! So it better not go back on again!!

Stir fry noodles with prawns tonight. Mmmmmmmmm.

I had a fall off my horse bruised all my back tried to run today!! I am now looking at deferring Bath half next Sunday and hopefully it will fix itself for Reading half.. I will now be behind on where I should be for miles for Milton Keynes marathon!! Funny enough I am able to ride okay because it doesn't have the same impact that running does it's annoying though!! I am basically fucked atm excuse my French!!

newrider.com