Astonishing homeopathy !

MEL H

Apr 28, 2000
Lancashire UK
Visit site
Recently, a horse came into my care that was suffering from chronic mud fever,with an infected lymphatic leg and to top it all it was also a shiverer. Following unsuccesfull traditional veterinary treatment we turned to homeopathic treatment. We decided to treat the lymphangitis first and started on a remedy. Nothing happened for 8 days then suddenly, overnight, all the fluid collected into an area at the base of his leg, about the size of a golf ball. Two days later, all the infection burst through the skin and started to drain out (see attached piccy). Apart from being very distressing (which the homepathic vet warned about) it was astonishing to watch the horses body start to heal itself. Unfortunately, the leg became further infected from another injury, so he was treated homeopathically for this. 3 days later all the infection was all gone. It is now on the mend and 60% of the "open wound" is now covered with skin.
I am also very pleased how my "conventional" vet is working in tandem with the homeopathic vet, although he was originally very sceptical.

I would certainly recommend homeopathy to anyone but would also recommend you use a homeopath who is also a vet (incase you get any reactions like his)

We are going to tackle the shivers next but not until the leg is fully healed. We had been feeding a very high fat/low carbohydrate diet in combination with a long slow distance exercise programme and this was working really well. Unfortunately we've had to cut the exercise due to the leg.

It's going to be a long hard journey but will keep you posted.

Attachments

• oscar 1a.jpg
    oscar 1a.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 60
Natural Remedies

My whole first aid kit is filled with homeopathic remedies. Aloe, Arnica, Comfrey, Emu oil, Manuka based products are indespensible for day to day use.

I'd certainly call in a vet to look at any problem greater than a cut, bruise, sprain that I was confident of treating myself, but I've certainly used it on my own horse's muscle strains, mud fever, minor infections etc

Naturally Equine is my favourite supplier.

Last edited:
newrider.com