At last!!! Aldi....

I went off them a bit, I bought some of their country boots and they literally fell to pieces after a few weeks. Such a shame as they were a lovely fit and so comfy. I got them online and was so excited about them coming lol
I don't think I'd risk buying anything else of their equestrian range on that basis.

I thought i saw something advertised the other day online about the equestrian range. It must have been right. I dont shop at aldi though.

I went off them a bit, I bought some of their country boots and they literally fell to pieces after a few weeks. Such a shame as they were a lovely fit and so comfy. I got them online and was so excited about them coming lol
I don't think I'd risk buying anything else of their equestrian range on that basis.
I think the mistake Aldi made was calling them "country boots". From memory they cost £20 so in reality they were never going to withstand the rigours of true country life . They should have been called Country-Style Boots. I actually bought a pair of them too and agree that they're very comfy. Mine are still going strong because I treat them like the cheap boots they are. I call them my "about town country boots"...... I'd never subject them to horse stuff..... I wouldn't expect them to last 5 minutes, to be honest! At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I just think on that occasion, Aldi marketed them incorrectly.

I think the mistake Aldi made was calling them "country boots". From memory they cost £20 so in reality they were never going to withstand the rigours of true country life . They should have been called Country-Style Boots. I actually bought a pair of them too and agree that they're very comfy. Mine are still going strong because I treat them like the cheap boots they are. I call them my "about town country boots"...... I'd never subject them to horse stuff..... I wouldn't expect them to last 5 minutes, to be honest! At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I just think on that occasion, Aldi marketed them incorrectly.

I treated mine quite nicely lol I knew they wouldn’t be like my others, but even so when the sole fell off that was a surprise ! They looked so nice!

We have Aldi's here too its kind of a warehouse set up... you grab from cases and selection is very limited.
There is not the variety of non food items you have.
There is one aisle of assorted houseware items.
An equestrian section would be too cool. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I treated mine quite nicely lol I knew they wouldn’t be like my others, but even so when the sole fell off that was a surprise ! They looked so nice!
Hope I didn't offend, Trews.... I was generalising and not accusing you of anything! Agree that a sole falling off would take you by surprise a tad!!!

I had the sole fall off a £50 pair of steel toecap workboots i brought several years ago from a shop. They only lasted a month before it happened. So much for safety boots. I did take them back to the shop as i didnt consider that fair wear and tear.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Hope I didn't offend, Trews.... I was generalising and not accusing you of anything! Agree that a sole falling off would take you by surprise a tad!!!

lol no, I was just surprised when it happened. Mr T found it funny and stood laughing at my boot "talking"....................... :D :D :D

• Haha
I had the sole fall off a £50 pair of steel toecap workboots i brought several years ago from a shop. They only lasted a month before it happened. So much for safety boots. I did take them back to the shop as i didnt consider that fair wear and tear.

It's funny but those safety riggers always seem to collapse on Mr T and me. I bought some online - loved them for yard work as they had the steel toe which I needed at the time - but they only lasted about three months and then leaked and the sole came away! Bought a posher version from local feed place and they went the same.

We have Aldi's here too its kind of a warehouse set up... you grab from cases and selection is very limited.
There is not the variety of non food items you have.
There is one aisle of assorted houseware items.
An equestrian section would be too cool. :)
Ours is like that, 1.5 asiles of non-food stuff, which changes twice a week, we only get equestrian stuff about twice a year.

Ahhh ok im not in there that often so i have no idea how often it changes...but its never stuff other than household.
I'd love to see equestrian.

It was nice years ago when petsmart had an equestrian section and there was a sporting goods store in the same mall that had one too.
Right about the same time. The sports store chain closed and petsmart who had equestrian section because they had bought State Line Tack went to online only under the State line banner for equestrian.

Im not close to there anymore so it would not have mattered anyway.
I got a lot of great deals at petsmart when they closed the department.

I've ordered a jacket and a fleece (I don't do actual physical shopping if I can help it). I was hoping to get a lightweight under rug as a couple of people on the yard got them in the past and they're nice, but doesn't look like they're doing them this time. So the jacket and fleece were consolation buys really.

At least you have a choice! Rug max size 6'9" (Harvey is 7'), 2 ladies hoodies, 2 ladies jods. I suppose I could get some socks :)

How strange, that link doesn't show all the things I was looking at. This one has more, but it includes outdoor clothing and I'm sure I was only looking at equestrian last night

There are a couple of men's fleeces and a jacket if you really want to get something @GaryB!

Reactions: GaryB
How strange, that link doesn't show all the things I was looking at. This one has more, but it includes outdoor clothing and I'm sure I was only looking at equestrian last night

There are a couple of men's fleeces and a jacket if you really want to get something @GaryB!
How very odd, I did think it a bit odd they had so little

newrider.com