Attacked

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
What a night....we were sitting in the garden, kim heard some dogs going past so she jumped the fence. Got her back, will go and apologise in the morning and bring treats for the dog, no one hurt.

Walked Harrison poodle later on, we were on the road going past a house where they have hens. heard a bit of noise and wondered if mr fox was going for dinner. Kept walking then a french bulldog came through their garden under the fence, through a field and onto the road and grabbed Harry by the throat.

Harry did not fight, he was screaming in fear. I kicked the fucking dog, hit it with the lead, there was blood everywhere, it wouldn't let go. Then finally it ran off. The owners didn't come out.

Harry was very shocked and I am luck not to be in a&e with bites. Will deal with the owners tomorrow, off to cuddle my dog.

What a night....we were sitting in the garden, kim heard some dogs going past so she jumped the fence. Got her back, will go and apologise in the morning and bring treats for the dog, no one hurt.

Walked Harrison poodle later on, we were on the road going past a house where they have hens. heard a bit of noise and wondered if mr fox was going for dinner. Kept walking then a french bulldog came through their garden under the fence, through a field and onto the road and grabbed Harry by the throat.

Harry did not fight, he was screaming in fear. I kicked the fucking dog, hit it with the lead, there was blood everywhere, it wouldn't let go. Then finally it ran off. The owners didn't come out.

Harry was very shocked and I am luck not to be in a&e with bites. Will deal with the owners tomorrow, off to cuddle my dog.

Yes I’ve been there and done that. One of my dogs got picked up to be killed by two greyhounds when I was younger. Blood everywhere and very expensive broken leg vet bills later for us.

Hope you and your dog are ok. I don’t hesitate now to kick and stamp on dogs that go for my pets.

Oh poor you. Hope your dog is okay. Dogs carry nasty bacteria in there mouth. Even if they look like a healthy dog. So keep an eye on any punture wounds on Harry for infection.

What is it with dam dogs and people at present.

Ive had two incidents in the last week of neighbours dogs getting in with my sheep.

One incident was just last night. Ive also just found out having been to feed them tonight that there have been further developments on last nights incident involving the police. I got a phone call at 10pm last night. One of the neighbours dogs next to my neighbours field where ive got the sheep currently grazinggot in with the sheep and was chasing them. I was phone by the neighbour who owns the field as they were trying to catch one of the lambs that got chased and they then found on the lawn. The 4 people living there couldnt catch it so i got rung. By the time id got there with floss theyd managed to rugby tackle the lamb and put it back in the field.
It would appear having just been to feed thè sheep tonight that the owner of the escaped dog has also called the police, accusing the neighbour and land owner who was trying to get there dog away from my sheep of threating behaviour towards there children. WTF. I got there after the dog had been retrieved by its owner so dont know what exchange may have occured.
It would have been nice if the dog owners had rung me or come and knocked on my door late last night or this morning to notify me that there dog had chased the sheep. So far zip. Yet they rung the police to complain of threating behaviour.

Last weeks incident was a dog that got in the field at home. I just happened to be walking down the road to feed the sheep in the evening and hear a bloke calling his dog. Im told it went after a fox and slipped its lead whilst being taken for a walk. Ok it happens but some people also tell porkies. Turns out the person was a new neighbour just down the road, only been in a month. Fortunately dog didnt find the two sheep and lamb in the field. I panicked as 141 was due to lamb over the weekend. I was worried it would send her into labour early.

Reactions: MrC
At the moment when i am walking the dogs we go nowhere near sheep which is why we have to walk away from home as we are surrounded by sheep. Harry is rarely off the lead, his mum is off the lead as she has excellent recall but he is on the lead 99% of the time except at home as his brain gets a bit fuzzy. I avoid walking routes where there are sheep.

It’s the absolute worst, poor Harry, sending healing vibes. Will you go and have words with the owners, they should be picking up the bill for a vet check at the least

It’s the absolute worst, poor Harry, sending healing vibes. Will you go and have words with the owners, they should be picking up the bill for a vet check at the least
I don't know what to do for the best, it is newly rented, the previous owners had big dogs so they wouldn't be able to squeeze under, they have 2 horses as well, their business will be closed due to covid so they are probably a bit tight for money and the last thing i want to do is for a dog to lose its life due to a one off freak accident and make things worse if they are really struggling. After all you could throw the book at me for a large friendly poodle showjumping out of our garden which is very secure (or was till she had stemcell therapy) and having to break social distancing to retrieve her from the owners of the dog who lives down the road and has already had the misfortune to be attacked by the GSDs next door. I will be going down with a box of treats for the dog and bottle of wine to apologise this morning.

I think I’d at least be going to let them know the dog was able to get out and what happened, if they didn’t witness it.

I think I’d at least be going to let them know the dog was able to get out and what happened, if they didn’t witness it.
they were there, they saw me with the poodle, they heard the screams and me shouting and then the dog rushed back to the garden, but they didnt come out of the property onto the lane where they could have talked to me, which makes me concerned that if i go to have a word will just get abuse

• Angry
Reactions: Jessey
How awful for you and your dog, hope you are feeling a little less shaken and your dog is on the mend.

So glad he's seeming better. We had an incident about 3 weeks ago in the forest inclosure near us. A GSD grabbed and killed a Yorkshire terrier. It's rare out in the forest - most of the dogs know each other, and it's neutral territory, so to speak. Apparently the owner just grabbed the dog and slunk off.

Poor Harrison, what is it that the most non aggressive dog keeps meeting dogs that are aggressive? We went for a long solo walk, in the frost. He was on the lead, as saw some people ahead of us and didn't want him to go meet and greet. It is a walk along the river to Nisbet, usually no one there. There was a weumeraner off the lead it saw us and whipped back and ran straight at us. At first, it looked playful, but its eyes changed and it barred its teeth. It was definitely going to attack and would have made mincemeat of Harrison.
I put myself between them, asked it to sit, down, but no response. It kept circling us till eventually it obeyed the owner and went down and caught it. Suggested we try to get them both to sit and say hello nicely and be polite but it was not having any of that so I just got well out the way. Think it was a large adolescent, maybe 1-2 years old, boy, not fixed. But big and heavy and good set of nashers which i had a very good view of.
Harrison did nothing wrong, he wanted to be friendly and reacted by inviting play. I think if i owned that dog i would not have it off the lead, or at least muzzle it. I sympathise to an extent, Harry's recall is not 100% so i am very careful where he is off the lead, but at least I know that he is just a total clown and not an aggressive bone in his body. Just a shame he keeps meeting dogs that frighten him like this.

Poor Harrison, what is it that the most non aggressive dog keeps meeting dogs that are aggressive? We went for a long solo walk, in the frost. He was on the lead, as saw some people ahead of us and didn't want him to go meet and greet. It is a walk along the river to Nisbet, usually no one there. There was a weumeraner off the lead it saw us and whipped back and ran straight at us. At first, it looked playful, but its eyes changed and it barred its teeth. It was definitely going to attack and would have made mincemeat of Harrison.
I put myself between them, asked it to sit, down, but no response. It kept circling us till eventually it obeyed the owner and went down and caught it. Suggested we try to get them both to sit and say hello nicely and be polite but it was not having any of that so I just got well out the way. Think it was a large adolescent, maybe 1-2 years old, boy, not fixed. But big and heavy and good set of nashers which i had a very good view of.
Harrison did nothing wrong, he wanted to be friendly and reacted by inviting play. I think if i owned that dog i would not have it off the lead, or at least muzzle it. I sympathise to an extent, Harry's recall is not 100% so i am very careful where he is off the lead, but at least I know that he is just a total clown and not an aggressive bone in his body. Just a shame he keeps meeting dogs that frighten him like this.
That would have scared me. I'm a bit frightened of big dogs to begin with. Eeek. Glad it all ended okay though.

That would have scared me. I'm a bit frightened of big dogs to begin with. Eeek. Glad it all ended okay though.
as a breed they have an odd expression, you can't read them very well, doesn't help. He started off looking friendly playful then the mood changed and I really believe he was going to attack. I think his owner did too.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com