Awesome! Video added :)

We were up for an hour and travelled ten miles.
Obviously I have tonnes of photos and video, it's a case of picking out a few to share.
There were 14 people in ours, I think 70 balloons ascended. I spotted a penguin.:) Don't know how many people where in each but they put in an extra balloon for us I know that.

I came out with some classics "Is this Bristol" referring to the town we were going over! I meant which part of it ;)
"Wow look at the mist" -that's a cloud! "Mist is a low cloud though.;)

We saw loads of horses, you could see those who lunged a lot with just a perfect middle circle. I saw one lady doing horsemanship because I could just make out that stance and stick. File us under "friendly" or spooky object because there is another 50 going over.
You could see those who didn't poo pick too.

I took a photo of something from above that's looks nothing like it does on ground level.

Watching them blow ours up.

PicsArt_1439117154626.jpg PicsArt_1439117332441.jpg

Wow that is awesome!! I did not know you were in a balloon! :D:D;););)

Always wondered!!????? What is the feel in the balloon like???
Is it smooth / bumpy/ does the basket rock???
LOL yes you can tell a lot from above - seeing lunging circle etc.

That must have been great fun!!:D:D:D:D

PicsArt_1439147530889.jpg
Idea on the size of them.

Yes one balloon was shaped like a penguin. I think we had the Minions as well. :)

It was very smooth, you don't really know you are moving. The basket is big, ours could take 16 people.
Landing a little bump, slide and it tips over. You are fine though, it's normal if you have had some wind behind you. The weight of it deflated just tips you.
Though sometimes it lands upright.

I do have video I think your OH would like @Trewsers. It's just not uploaded yet.

The only thing that's disappointing for me was the volume of people, I know they closed the gates because we were at full capacity. The roads were gridlocked and people had been stuck in traffic for hours trying to get in, took us four hours to get there ourselves.

Last edited:
Hang on, just re read - a penguin?!o_O

LOL I saw your re- read and went back and re -read
Stupid me I thought you spotted a penguin on the ground- and was thinking
hmmm she must have been going over an aquarium park and wondering
why the penguin made such an impression.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
(never thinking you were talking about a balloon)

Wow those baskets are big 16 people would seem a bit of a crowd.
When it tipped on landing you did not fall all over each other?

It sounds like it was an awesome time I don't know if I would be brave enough
to actually do it.

I have seen on tv shows of big fairs out west that have them thethered
and you can have a "ride" going up a couple hundred feet or so
and get an awesome view of the fair and the area but don't actually go
any place.

I bet traffic was bad you can see the crowds going on forever in the backround.

I would love to see the video too.

2015:

This is a short clip. It's just floating very calmly. You have to wait for the go ahead to the wind.

You are in a section of 4 each, you are all showed the landing position and what way to stand on landing. So no you don't knock into anyone else. It was quite nice having a group, you could chat while waiting, take photos. My brain had decided the bigger basket would be more steady.

Was it scary, um, yes and no. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Going up to height was the most worrying. I didn't feel like looking down. The views though we're amazing, easily seeing the suspension bridge, parts of Wales.

Once we dropped down a little we were all waving at the people that had come out. So it only took me about ten minutes to get my flying feet and enjoy the ride. :)

This photo you will need to be eagle eyed a bit. The bottom half is all the cars parked! To the top left is houses.
Between the low balloon are the crowds.

PicsArt_1439273838416.jpg

This one has horses in the top fields. I don't believe these people have any hacking at all.

PicsArt_1439274308367.jpg

newrider.com