Baby teeth

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I was walking my dogs around the fields yesterday and just happened to look down and see a tooth in the grass, I picked it up and it's a pony tooth, one of baby ponies teeth :D

I didn't manage to get any of Kiki's baby teeth, even though we had a lot less acreage, I feel like I've won a little prize,lol :D

Anyone else kept their horses baby teeth?

I have kept a few chestnuts as well. When I was in primary school I took some of my ponies hoof cuttings in to show the teacher, she nearly threw up! I quite like the smell.

I have kept some of those too lol:D
I keep the trimmings from the hooves and check them over to see if I see any changes how much growth etc. and when Andi was a baby as she grew
I could see her hooves getting bigger:rolleyes:

I have Andi's wolf teeth.:D
The vet had quite a time getting them out and Andi OMG she is a little toughie --- she was totally resisting and fighting the HAPPY JUICE!
The vet ended up getting them out over 2 days = loosened them the first then finally got them out the next day!
I gave her a 2 part combined photo with Andi head hanging omg its finally over:confused: and her holding a tooth up in a pair of pliers with
a GIGANTIC SMILE:D:D .
She ended up leaving the practice and she moved to a practice closer to her home near Goddard Park.
I saw her there a couple of years later taking her lunch hour at the horse parking area picnic tables
We were playing horse soccer before our ride and she thought Andi looked great ;) and said she till has that photo:D:D

Yes I kept one of Jack's teeth.

You guys save chestnuts, ew.:rolleyes:
Dogs like to eat hoof cuttings.

My mares wolf teerh fell out :D

My dogs stand right behind the horses waiting for the hoof trimmings to hit the ground and grab them and eat them,lol, same with the chestnuts that are cut off, they love them :D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com