Back on board

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I007.jpg had hoped that for my first back in the saddle after two weeks we would have a sedate ride, to take into account my not great back.

Buddy of course had other ideas. We were going along in a convivial manner, then in the thicket next to the road we saw the deer. He did a handbrake stop, hard right and into 5th gear, losing his footing and slipping, thought for a moment he would go down. Regained footing and composure, tip toed past the deer, hoping they wouldn't decide to jump out again in front of us.

He decided the best thing was shortest route home. Unfortunately that entailed passing fields with horses, who proceeded to prance alongside the fence, so we have in harmony prancing and bouncing. So my back has had more of a work out than intended.

Oooh feeling that! I'm tentative just with a sore ankle. Hope no damage done. Buddy does look very slightly ashamed though.

I have learnt that if I tell her to remind herself about the fact that's she's slow, sedate and placid. She's going to choose that ride to forget.
So tell them they are a racehorse and then the ride appears slow!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kite_Rider
Ouch indeed, hope you are feeling a bit better today and his antics haven't made things worse. If it's any consolation even solid, steady, unflappable Belle is being a spooky twit just now.

Reactions: newforest
newrider.com