Bad Buddy

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Here we have been worried about him, giving him time off, what does he do? Was a total wally at the show. He was fine before he went in the ring, stood dozing eating hay tied up to the box, did his practice trot ups like an old pro. Perfect.

Till we went in the ring, and one of the other horses was a mare with a FOAL. He just lost it, calling all the time to the foal, watching it all the time. He was really really strong, a total twit! Usually we go around the ring relaxed, loose, hardly a touch on him, he was totally wired. About 19hh of daft Buddy, feet everywhere. Not a brain cell listening to me at all....I almost took him out of the ring, he was so so excited. He pranced and pranced and pranced, desperate to get up to see the foal....So naturally we were last of three.

He loaded immediately and came home and is out getting filthy. I will work the socks off the old bugger before the Border Union Show.....honestly couldn't make it up.

I was a bit pissed off with the judge, the class was £12. The other horses were 16 and 18, Buddy is 24. He never asked their ages, anything about them. He was there to judge the coloured horses, the one he put up as reserve was the size of a house, makes Suze look like Twiggy. He had no interest in judging the veterans really. Now I would not have put Buddy up first, given he was not on his best behaviour - though he did everything he had do, there was just a bit of impromptu showing off.....But most veteran judges ask their age, what they do, what they have done in the past. The tbx which one it was always going to win before we even went in the ring as folks round here love tbs. Anyway we live to fight another day, at the Border Union they judge over all and by age. And by then he will have done several days riding and several days in the field yielding and listening and remembering that he is not boss.

He does make me laugh.....so embarrassing.019.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg015.jpg016.jpg017.jpg018.jpg008.jpg009.jpg

Bless him, maybe it was looking so well and behaving so spritely that the judge assumed he was younger ;) glad to see he's doing better in himself :)

I wonder if he knows foals? Unsuspected paternal instincts in the Bud?

I think the judge might have been a bit of a prat. Not to be interested in the age and work of veterans is just silly, and as for Buddy showing off and being a big wally, the last time I was in a class with a horse that was showing off and being a big wally it won!

I wonder if he knows foals? Unsuspected paternal instincts in the Bud?

I think the judge might have been a bit of a prat. Not to be interested in the age and work of veterans is just silly, and as for Buddy showing off and being a big wally, the last time I was in a class with a horse that was showing off and being a big wally it won!
He was judging the coloured horses and veteran followed, so he got it I guess. He wasn't remotely interested in us as a class. Which is annoying when you pay to enter spend a lot of time and money getting there and have 10 minutes in the ring and hardly a proper look. He never even put a hand on a horse to feel its condition.

Buddy had the last laugh all that pulling and pratting has done my back which was perfect last week when checked. I am hobbling today so of course he didn't go on the 1 hour ride I had planned.

newrider.com