Bad manners!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Should I be pleased / glad that she is feeling full of it? Hmm. Talk about bad manners. Just fetched the madam up from her winter paddock (it's bigger than normal size to keep her happy and I thought had plenty on). Chloe was one moment grazing nicely next to her then left town to come back up the yard. Storm was hopping mad! But omg she gave me the run around on the way back bad bad girl. I am out of breath and have jelly legs. She spun and spun and really rudely walked right into me (well didn't make contact as I dodged). Grrrr. It's a long while since she's done that. But I'm not happy either!!! Could it be the spring grass coming? Or just nowtiness? It wouldn't have been so bad for the mud at the entrance - it's hard to stay balanced.
Anyone else got a lack of manners atm? Or just me?

Reactions: Jessey
It's nice to hear she is feeling well enough to be a bit of a brat :) but not great fun to deal with for you, perhaps it's all that spring like weather you have been having ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
It's nice to hear she is feeling well enough to be a bit of a brat :) but not great fun to deal with for you, perhaps it's all that spring like weather you have been having ;)

Yeah must be the better weather! I can't win with her some days though - as I'm not sure what she wants! I put her into a nicer bigger paddock and she gets bored with it fast. Yet if she's wandering the yard she starts looking towards the gate to the fields. I guess in an ideal world she'd go back to free ranging but I just can't do that now, she chased Chloe and Zi so much that's how the leg got injured and I know we are on borrowed time. So for now she's just going to have to suck up the offered paddock and get with it.

Reactions: Jessey
Could you maybe shut Chloe out in her paddock just while Storm is out, so that she can't leave her behind?

yeah think I’m going to go back to doing that. That’s what I did all winter, I just (stupidly) thought they would be better together. Mind you, I think madam is spring mad today she’s just given mr t the run around because she was free ranging on the yard and post man came. Well she didn’t want to be caught so he could turn the van around. She ran about norty girl!!!! Good job post man is patient! Lol

Thats a stunning view. Id like to see some more please.

A couple of weeks ago i was leading the two boys up the field for an inhand walk out and billy suddenly ran forward spinning round on me. There was nothing to spook him so he was being a git. His leg flailing antics have been getting worse but im convinced its lack of riding as hes been calmer this week after his early morning hacks. I manage a short clicker session without taking my life in my hands yesterday.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com