Bad news really does come in threes

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Not been on in a while and have not updated my riding stats either and will never be able to catc back up now :(

Any way some of you know we lost out lovely Monty Springer on the 25 May after having him since he was a puppy he was a grand 13 years old and he is greatly missed.

Then we received a call from my sister in law, OH mother is not well and waiting to speak to the neurosurgen (SP) this was not expected. We are wating for the full results at present.

Then on Tuesday Ginger pony spooked and fell over on the concrete out side the barn. We cleaned the cuts out and treated the wounds and he looked OK. The next morning I washed it out again and treated he was sound looked little sorry for himself but nothing more no swelling or heat. Same again yesterday cut looks like it is healing nicely but last night it was warm. Got up there early this morning and leg swollen from top to bottom. Vet called. :( She said the wound was clean but probably him toucing it because of the flies (it was covered in fly stuff and anti bact spray but he kept touching it)

She was happy with what I had been doing. He has anti bio, she gave me some new fly cream with anti bio in it that can be applied direct to the wound! which is great. Back out tomorrow for more IV drugs then on to a dose of normal.

Gutted oh and he kicked my in the thigh the second day as I was trying to clean it out! so yesterday he wa sound with a cut and I was lame.

Sorry to hear OBC. Hope your leg feels better soon and the ginger boy is back fighting fit in no time, also very much hope that your MIL gets good results back from her tests.

Oh what a rubbish time you are having. I am sorry to hear about all your woes, and on top of losing Monty dog as well, just awful.

You look after Ginger so well I am sure his leg will come right as rain very soon. I hope yours does too! The ungrateful beast, to kick you while you are ministering to him!

Oh OBC that's a tough time you're having at the moment :(. My mother has just been told she has breast cancer, my littlest one's hamster died and I'm just waiting for number three now.

Sending lots of healing vibes for the ginger one and hoping your oh's mum gets good news.

Poor you. I hope the thigh is better. And Ginger too. Sick horses kicking out is not fun.

newrider.com