Balancing a 2 wheeler

All this sounds great, Judging by what you have posted I would bet on him just taking the rest of his training in his stride without giving it a second thought.

Generally they start as they go on. If you have had an easy stress free initial training they rarely throw spanners in the works, If they are going to be complex they are generally complex to begin with and can be only suitable for experienced drivers. He's shown all the signs of being a laid back safe driving pony from day one. The most important thing is to give him positive experiences, take things slowly and the job's a good 'un. :D

Thanks Wally, I plan now to just do perhaps 3 times a week short drives until he's a bit fitter and those stifles sort them selves out, I've been thinking about slopes and theres a couple more within a short distance (about 0.75m) which would be a bit more challenging for him once he gets a bit fitter.

He's been so super, he's shown really nice turns to get through the gap in the fence from the lane to the estate and its turns I thought he might struggle with, its a single track lane and the gap is about 5ft so he's had to go almost past it then push round 90 degrees to get the cart straight on to fit through the gap and he's done it very calmly and willingly every time. There is one problem we have been having, people keep cooing at him and obviously that means they must have treats and need to fuss him so he tries to stop to chat ;) he does love people :p

Reactions: Ruskii
We used to have that problem too, Got a bit tiresome in the show ring as the big horses would get gasps of appreciation when they went in the ring and you could hear folk go Ahhhhhhh when we went in the ring!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com