Banana Cake

2 or 3 eggs, weigh them, then whatever they weigh use the same weight of butter, sugar and SR flour, add a half tsp of baking powder as the bananas make it a heavy mix. then just mash your nanas into it and bake.

2 or 3 eggs, weigh them, then whatever they weigh use the same weight of butter, sugar and SR flour, add a half tsp of baking powder as the bananas make it a heavy mix. then just mash your nanas into it and bake.

I love the idea of weighing the eggs to get the weigh of the other ingredients. I have no baking powder but will get some on my way home.

Thank you Wally :spin:

Here's mine, it's more complicated than Wally's but boy is it good.

Soak 100 g sultanas in rum (if you can be a*sed).

Prepare a loaf tin, it's good to line it. Oven temperature 170 degrees/gas mark 3.

Mash 4 bananas and blend in 125 g unsalted butter. A fork is good. Cream together with 150g of sugar and beat in 2 large eggs one at a time. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract if you have some.

Stir in the sultanas and 60 g of chopped nuts or seeds of choice (I like pecans, but sunflower and pumpkin seeds are good too. Or you could add chocolate chips :devil:).

To your bowl of bananaey goo add:

175 g plain flour
2 tsps baking powder
0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda (not a deal breaker if you haven't got it)
0.5 tsp salt

Beat in well. Pour into your prepared loaf tin and bake for between an hour and an hour and a quarter. It's done when a toothpick or fine skewer comes out cleanish.

Cool on a wire rack and slice to serve.

It smells so good when it is baking :inlove: B*llocks, I'm hungry now

I used this method this evening and had the most lovely banana cake....yummy:wub: Nobody else in my house likes it so all the more for me. X

newrider.com