Beach fun (pics and videos)

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
On Sunday I took Charlie to the beach with my friends and their pony and my RI came too for support on the ground which was great as Charlie a little nervous to be mounted so she was able to give him carrots while I got up :D

Both ponies were so so good. Charlie was tense at first but after some trots and canter he started to relax.There was lots for him to take in and as he is wary of people if he saw some he wanted to have a look at them.

My friends pony is a little star and gave a calming influece to Charlie :cool:

Charlie returned the favour by giving a lead into the water and walking in it as the other pony is not a huge fan of water but does not seem to bother Charlie at all.

There was also a loose dog whose owner could not catch him for ages, dog seemed to want to either play or just had no idea what ponies were as was barking and running around them and standing in front of them barking. Both ponies were little angels and did not get scared and pretty much just tried to ignore Barky McBarkiness :rolleyes::)

We had some fun little canters and Charlie has more speed than any of us expected (in a good way).

In a little race at the end my friends pony won but he is a Connie TB X :D and bigger :) so Charlie did pretty well :D

Overall was a brilliant morning, Charlie was good as gold loading into trailer and unloading too! Next time we are going to a different beach which is bigger so can have longer canters without having to loop around and go back other way :D

Here are some pics and videos, last video is actually a little clip from my lesson during the week.

IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1600.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1600.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1606.JPG IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1609.JPG IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1597.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1600.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1606.JPG IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1609.JPG

Lovely pictures! We were at Holkham beach in Norfolk a few weekends ago and as we were making our way down the car park three riders came off the beach track with the biggest grins on their faces just like you. A really cheery sight!

Reactions: Gattino
Aw thank you all :D was lovely morning, he's a sweet little chap :) he had a well deserved day off yesterday and we had a nice relaxing hack today. The sea water paddle and splashes also magically washed the end of his tail which had been kind of dirty (and we are taking stuff on ground with him gently and slowly so haven't done tail washing yet) so was lovely and shiny today! :D

newrider.com