Becoming a riding instructor.

bicky

Aug 11, 2007
Cumbria
Hi all, just a quick question.

I have a btec diploma in equine behaviour and psychology and provide a service to help owners and horses build better relationships together.

I am wondering about becoming a riding instructor to enhance the service I provide, what does this involve?

It might be better to train in the area of confidence building to help my customers, are there any courses around this?
Cheers

I heard about someone a while ago doing something similar to you I think. Can I ask what kind of services you offer at the moment? Sounds interesting.

A riding instructor qualification can be worked towards by taking exams through the BHS, see here!

hiya, I concentrate mainly on providing a positve groundwork experience for both horse and handler. I deal with all manner of behavioural problems and offer a full support package, plus I also take horses in and work with them in a safe environment to re-address specific unwanted problems.

Obviously the building blocks to a successful relationship is the groundwork and relationship building, but quite often the lack of confidence relates to ridden work and I would like to offer a wider service and help with the ridden work too! :)

newrider.com