Been offered a horse..

Cheeky

.Love me, love my horse.
Apr 13, 2005
Down Under ... Australia
Hey there,

Not sure if you remember, but a few months ago I was training (with my mate) a mare, Missy, who had been out in the paddock for a few years.

Well, circumstances changed, and we were no longer able to see her, which broke our hearts.

But the owner of the mare told her son (who we are good mates with) who told us that she feels that Missy deserves a better life rather that just in the field. So she is offering her to either one of us, or both.

I would LOVE to have her on and keep training - she really would make a lovely XC horse - you can just see it in her natural ability and passion for jumping.

So I will talk to my parents about it - but there are obviously a few things to consider. Agistment? Possibley at my grandparents - but our mare recently passed, and I would hate to intrude, so I would rather not. DYI is fine by me, as long as its close. Or I could possibley keep her at work .. as a few of the other trainees do (oh .. btw .. I AM A TRAINEE INSTRUCTOR! YAY!).

Any comments?

Wow, that would be so great, I would talk to your grandparents, they may be even more offended if you don't ask :rolleyes: well mine would :eek:

It would be great if you got Missy, might it be worth avioding doing it with friend though (or at least not taking joint ownership) after the, ahem *issues* you guys had about how things should be done etc ;)

Best of luck, and congrats on the trainee status :D

Hey .. yeah parents gave the thumbs up!

Missy is a Connemara X tb .. chestnut mare .. odd, I don't seem to like mares/get along with them .. but I always seem to be working with them (missy, dolly, hunnie (rip), etc..).

The thing is .. I don't know if I want to keep her at work. This is because the other people who keep their horses there use them in their training - I don't want to do that with Missy, as she's not really up to it. But I dont mind paying for DIY agistment that's close :) Or at my grans .. but they have no arena *poobah*

The other thing on my mind is .. I know she's not perfect .. but do I take her even though I have a lot of work to do? Perhaps I could buy another one later down the track that's trained (I wanna go out and compete next year (late)).

But yeah .. might ask about the agistment tomorrow .. dunno

newrider.com