being to put the fount in lesson good sign(please not the best lesson today)

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
I usealyy put in the fount of my lessons now is this a good sign, also todays lesson didn;t pactically go well i had alot more trobule trooting then i did in pervous lessons and i felt like i'd go a bit down hall. i suposed it good just be that i was out of pratice.

There's always good lessons and bad ones. Next time will be better and if it was a while since you'd had a lesson don't worry too much - practice makes it better.

It is far easier to trot a horse that is following another horse ahead of it, than it is to trot when you are riding first or ahead of everyone else. I much prefer to ride first on a hack - I did so for years as the horse Maisie preferred that. I rode first without realising that I had to work much harder. Or rather you have to give the leading horse a very clear signal to move forward. And your needing to move the horse forward maybe spoiled the rhythm of your rising to trot. I wouldnt worry about it. Riding is a combination of many different things and a difficult lesson doesnt mean you are worse at riding. Just that there are a lot of things to slot together with your head and body and it all takes time and practice.

Reactions: orbvalley
Yeah as said I usually put in don't in my lessons now so maybe it's a good sign that they think I'm good enough to handle the challage(or maybe they just want the horse in font). They did say my walk was really good at the start had to.keep stopping for everyone else to catch up

Reactions: orbvalley
yesterday I seem to have trobule geting may to trot when we trooted all together and once she was stay trouting. I'm seem been alright trotting her when i was troting on my own though so i'm a bit confussed

newrider.com