Best cheap dressage saddle?

Riley Roo

Mar 14, 2008
North Wales
Question in the title really - what is the best cheap dressage saddle i could get?

Can't afford an expensive one - unless get a bargain on ebay - so looking into a cheap one for now until i get some surplus money - or should i just save up and bite the bullet by continuing to ride in my gp for now? :rolleyes: :eek:

Have a 17in Bates Isabell Werth dressage saddle that cost 1400 pounds 6 mths ago. Its is in immaculate condition ,sadly youngster has changed shape. Willing to accept 700.

I love my Wintec Isabel -- Cost just under £500 brand now, and regularly seen on Ebay for V cheap (the Wintec Pro is not bad, either, and often goes VERY cheap ... at least as an in betweeny saddle!) .

your best bet would be an old leather stubben or similar- stick to brands not random saddles.

we got our saddle for £350 in pretty good condition (good for showing sound tree etc) was supposed to be £900+ new.

I have a wintec 500 dressage, bought off ebay for less than £200. Would love a leather one, but with changing horses and not doing much competing at the moment I can't justify the cost. My instructor thinks my current horse goes really well in it, and the fact its adjustable has saved me a lot of money in terms of not having to replace saddles with every horse.

You can buy cheap leather dressage saddles on ebay, but I find they tend to be much older ones which are cut very differently to today's dressage saddles.

i have a wintec isabel werth for sale, it is completely brand new, got it online and the website only did a 7 day return policy (my saddler couldnt come til the 8th day :rolleyes:) so i cant send it back. its still got all the tags on it and hasnt even been girthed up it is literally brand spanking new, cover & everything if ** interested PM me :) x

I had the wintec pro and paid something ridiculous like £120 and it was literally like brand new, and was a lovely saddle, did the job fine. I then changed to a synthetic Isabell Werth and its the best money I have ever spent, I cannot praise them enough!!! As a birthday present my parents had a leather dressage made for me, I rode in it for about a month and then had to sell it and go back to my Isabell Werth as I missed it sooo much!!:D

newrider.com