Best field safe fly fringe

I can't remebr the make of mine, it was just a cheap one at £2.95, but has a good number of decent tassles on it. There's really not a lot that goes into them, they all have the same basic design, the price difference would differ due to the make :rolleyes:

I just feel that if they are lost in a hedge, over the fence, up a tree, whatever, I dont mind replacing it for £2.95. But to shell out for one every month or so at £9.95 (Aerborn ones) is a bit too much. Luckily my horse doesn't magically loose things like that, but still.

Just keep searching for one that has the number of tassles you want. That's the best thing to do really.

Forgot to mention, it's one that doesn't need a head collar for. So £2.95 for that, you can go wrong. If you look on eBay there a few different types there, ranging from your bog standard one right up through to the top of the range ones including ears etc.

Last edited:
i have one from my local tack shop... it can be worn without a headcollar and just has an elastic bit that goes round like a thoat lash.... then the fringe but and headpiece.... works quite well - was cheap... shame i can't rememebr the make lol!

I've got an 'aeroborn tactile' one and it's the best one I have used. It also has ears, but unlike other fly fringes with ears its more fitted to the poll so it stays put really well. It also comes in pony cob or full which is much better than the 'one size' ones that always, in my experience, swivel and end up like funny little beards!

I use these aerborn fly fringes.

images

They might be a little more expensive than the bog standard £2 nylon velcro ones but you don't need a headcollar for these.
The big bonus is also knowing that your horse can't get caught up and hurt itself.
The worst mine have done is wear it as a beard or to rub it off but the rubber rings haven't broken yet :)

newrider.com