best horse mag on market?

'SillySkewbald

Jun 27, 2009
Oxfordshire :)
Hi,
I really want a good horse riding mag full of tips that’s on the UK market so was wondering if you have any preferences or recommendations for a great mag? If so i would be very grateful :) thank you! 'SillySkewbald

If you have a horse I recomend Your Horse. Horse and Rider is better for non horse owners I think.

am i alone in not really liking your horse/horse and rider?

would much prefer horse and hound subscription, love reading the reports and the news articles rather than "how to's" and product tests...

I find Horse and Horse and rider great (OH does not as he says they cost alot each month)

Horse and hound I have never got into ..... Sorry

It depends what you want really. Horse and Hound is more news based and less hints and tips. I like Your Horse and Horse and rider for articles on how to improve your riding/horse management.

I like horse and rider for more 'how to' things. But I really like Horse, I never used to like it but it has had a revamp and now has a great mix of news and issues with other how to's, it has become more 'rider not just owner' friendly.

Horse and Hound I buy from time to time but not really overly interested, it is nice to keep up with the 'horsey gossip' tho lol

I also buy Local Rider when my friends are in it hehe!

My fave is Horse, as already said its undergone a makeover recently and seems to cover a broad spectrum of topics. I also think its better value for money than others. You can also subscribe annually using your Tesco clubcard vouchers!!

i love your horse its brill but at the moment im on horse cause im following a story about a handsome show cob geting search for a star fingers crossed he does verrrry well

Is that the grey cob Earl - he is lovely isn't he? They only got him to lead the racehorses from, then they realised he was to handsome to keep out of the show ring!! I hope they do well also.

I have Your Horse and Horse and Rider everymonth. I like dipping into them.
My only gripe is that I wish they had more normal people with hairy ponies doing things like the private lessons. Still like reading them though:)

Hmm, I think I will go with H&R and your horse then. They seem to have the majority vote :) I bought a Your Horse the other day and absolutely loved it :) Thank you for your opinions
'SillySkewbald x

Think im the only sad person who subscribes to your horse, horse and horse and rider. Think i need to get out more lol. Have to say my fave at the mo is your horse, i find horse and rider very into the NH thingy and nothing against it but im just not into it really. Didn't realise you could get horse with your club card vouchers, may have to look into that. x

The one which has the best picture on the frount cover :eek:

Wish they had more showing tips/advise in them. Cobs ect.

And the local rider mag just to see if me or friends are in it. (I never am!)

newrider.com