Best price bubblewrap?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Because I think I need to invest! I don't know what Jess gets up to half the time but sheesh, 2 weekends ago we cut our camping trip short as after titting about in the paddock she came up slightly lame (was sound 36 hours later), rode twice last week, this past weekend she didn't look 100% (she looked fine 8 hours later) but I left her to rest anyway, hopped on last night and she has apparently got a sore back now, thankfully with a bit of a massage and some liniment last night it seems much improved this morning and hopefully our osteo is fitting her in over the weekend. But jeepers, can't she just look after herself for 5 minutes!

She is like the princess in the Princess and the Pea, I think
That is her to a bloody Tee!

Sometimes I think they need a padded cell! Two years ago Scully started off the year by bruising her front leg on the stable door, then had a tendon injury, followed by throwing a shoe and taking a big chunk of hoof off and finally bashing her eye - 9 months off work in total!

View attachment 99483
That's how this year is feeling for us, suspensory injury, LGL, bone injury/weird leg swelling, little lame, little lame again, now sore back. It all started back in march! (has been pronounced sound by vet in between so confident it's not 1 big related issue)

I am laughing because otherwise I would cry ;)
The Osteo came yesterday morning and Jess was very sore just in front of her right hip bone and all through her gluts, I suspect someone lost the back end haring around the field. She'll get another session later in the week if she isn't significantly improved, but she looked much happier last night and this morning :)

Her skills shine again :( honestly you wouldn't believe it. She saw the osteo on Sunday with her sore hip, had a follow up last night and the hips needed a little more work but loosened off nicely now but she now has a very sore spot on her wither (that wasn't sore on Sunday), very sore like face grimacing, grunting and knees buckling when touched :( osteo thinks bad bruise rather than fracture but got to wait and see how it improves.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Bodshi
I've worked out what she's done, doing some painting today watched her stomping non stop at the flies, and there's a hole nearly a foot deep by one of the hay nets that wasn't there on Sunday, the sore bit is right on the trapezius origin, I would bet money it's a repetitive strain injury from the stomping! I bet the hip was the same.
I've added fly boots to her awful outfit tonight, might need to get some better ones if she needs to wear them more as they are old and end up like slouch socks by morning.

They must be driving her crazy. I don't know about where you are but I've never known midges like this year. Still haven't seen a horse fly, but the midges are horrendous. YO rang me an hour ago to say she was bringing Jack in overnight because he was galloping up and down with the flies, she was worried he'd have a heart attack. I just popped across to make sure he was settled and nearly got eaten alive myself. Never known it as bad.

Reactions: Jessey
They must be driving her crazy. I don't know about where you are but I've never known midges like this year. Still haven't seen a horse fly, but the midges are horrendous. YO rang me an hour ago to say she was bringing Jack in overnight because he was galloping up and down with the flies, she was worried he'd have a heart attack. I just popped across to make sure he was settled and nearly got eaten alive myself. Never known it as bad.
We've had horseflies and deer flies like never before but managed them with spray, mozzies aren't as bad here as some years, but what's driving her nuts is stable flies, they don't care how much she stomps they just hang on and keep feeding.

• Sad
Reactions: Bodshi
Flies are awful indeed this year. I got bitten by a deer fly for the first time, horrid thing. The horses hate them, but don't seem to be in dire straits as some others have described - our land is very dry, which I think helps

Flies are awful indeed this year. I got bitten by a deer fly for the first time, horrid thing. The horses hate them, but don't seem to be in dire straits as some others have described - our land is very dry, which I think helps
My main field is very dry but we back onto the river which I'm sure makes matters worse, I haven't been down to check the riverbank field, I don't use it as its a swamp in winter and the rushes take over in summer. The boys aren't too bothered, but Jess has such a fine coat it doesn't really protect her much, and she runs hot which I'm sure attracts more biters.

Almost bubble wrapped.....
FB_IMG_1566639445668.jpgFB_IMG_1566639442443.jpg
Cut the legs off some lightweight trackie bottoms and attached with a couple of those joddy clips so they will come off easily if she snaggs them :p now to figure out something for back legs/udder

Reactions: Trewsers
Aw bless! When I saw the trackie bottoms I thought it was some kind of weird photoshop that had been done! Hope her outfit helps her :)

newrider.com