Best rug brands for welsh shapes?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I’m looking at cheap rugs, because I suspect even if they don’t get trashed he’ll outgrow them by next winter, equally I’d like to keep his mane and chest fuzz intact ?

Am thinking a no fill and a 100g will probably be sufficient, just in case it’s a miserable wet winter again. As much as I’d like to just leave him naked he’s always been rugged apparently so I feel I should have them for if he needs them.

Kez has masta and amigo. Don't like the fit of PE on him at all. When he was a baby he had Bonnie's old weatherbeater turnouts but when he filled out they were hopeless. He's borrowed Toby's JHL and Pessoa no fills before. JHL swamped him. Pessoa was fine and they are pretty cheap on hope valley too

Reactions: Jessey
If you want to keep it cheap then I'd say go for the Amigo Mios since they're the bargain end of the Amigo range. All Amigos fit Little Un well. I do like Premier Equine and they fit Little Un, but they aren't cheap and I also think they're bit heavy for a youngster to wear. He did have a JHL at one point and that fitted ok - don't know what happened to that. I have a feeling it may have been "borrowed" and not returned. I got him a Bridleway one the other year and the fit was awful on him - gaping neckline so big he could have got a leg through and surcingles ridiculously long even done up as tight as possible.

Reactions: Jessey
I got lucky on the rug front, a friend had an amigo bravo, a slightly older one but in good nic and the 1200d so should be pretty tough, and I got it for 20 quid! bargain :) I will get him his own new rugs eventually but at least he has something that should fit to go on if he needs it straight away :)

newrider.com