Best time.to buy winter stuff

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I know we are coming out of winter. Thank god! However I am wondering when is the best time to buy winter stuff? There is alot of sales going on at the moment... however I aren' sure if I should wait til summer..

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
If you don't NEED it then don't buy it! Realistically you've just moved into your first place so until you've been there a few months I wouldn't be making any unnecessary purchases even if they are a bargain, you don't know what expenses will crop up that you haven't budgeted for. There can't be much horsey stuff that you really need, so leave the bargains alone.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Today I found some Ariat Windemeres reduced to £110 online, they only had one size left and it was my size, not only that it's a 5.5 and half sizes are difficult to come buy in the cheaper sort of boot that I usually buy so it just seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I did really need the boots though, and I have been searching for a bargain for a little while. That's my mode de operandi these days - I deliberately try to avoid the tack shop sales, which are usually rubbish and I end up picking up something that I don't really need because it's reduced. I just keep trawling the internet for things that I do need, until I find a bargain. It takes weeks or months sometimes!

Having said that, if I'd found a bargain like @Mary Poppins' I would have snapped it up because I know I'd use a winter coat, and I'd never pay ridiculous money for one.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Today I found some Ariat Windemeres reduced to £110 online, they only had one size left and it was my size, not only that it's a 5.5 and half sizes are difficult to come buy in the cheaper sort of boot that I usually buy so it just seemed too good an opportunity to miss. I did really need the boots though, and I have been searching for a bargain for a little while. That's my mode de operandi these days - I deliberately try to avoid the tack shop sales, which are usually rubbish and I end up picking up something that I don't really need because it's reduced. I just keep trawling the internet for things that I do need, until I find a bargain. It takes weeks or months sometimes!

Having said that, if I'd found a bargain like @Mary Poppins' I would have snapped it up because I know I'd use a winter coat, and I'd never pay ridiculous money for one.

I bought a pair last week from Eileen Douglas tackshops via ebay. I love them! I had a pair years ago and they lasted ages. Plus I love the fact they aren't just a yard boot you can ride in them too. I just can't bring myself to wear mine yet - too much mud here:pthey'll come out in summer:D

Reactions: Bodshi

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
I need a new winter jacket. Mine is now 12 years old and is finally dying a death.

So going to wait until end of March and get a few deals :) Don’t really need anything for Kia so I tend not to buy unless I need it. I take good care of my stuff so I tend to not have to replace things that often.

That weatherbeeta fusion Kia has on I bought not long after I bought him, same with his blue heavyweight orican it’s almost been there since I bought him as well.

What I really need is a rain sheet for him this summer so that will probably be my only purchase rugs wise this year

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I bought a pair last week from Eileen Douglas tackshops via ebay. I love them! I had a pair years ago and they lasted ages. Plus I love the fact they aren't just a yard boot you can ride in them too. I just can't bring myself to wear mine yet - too much mud here:pthey'll come out in summer:D

Yes, mine will be 'for best' - I've ruined my current boots by walking the dog in them - turns out that wading through 4 or 5 miles of sticky mud and puddles every day does kill them in the end :eek: My feet were getting wet and I thought I might just have to waterproof them again but when I cleaned the mud off there was a split in the leather..

I thought of you when I was ordering the Ariats - I knew you liked them so I thought they'd be ok!

Reactions: Trewsers

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I need a new winter jacket. Mine is now 12 years old and is finally dying a death.

So going to wait until end of March and get a few deals :) Don’t really need anything for Kia so I tend not to buy unless I need it. I take good care of my stuff so I tend to not have to replace things that often.

That weatherbeeta fusion Kia has on I bought not long after I bought him, same with his blue heavyweight orican it’s almost been there since I bought him as well.

What I really need is a rain sheet for him this summer so that will probably be my only purchase rugs wise this year
My winter coat I got for £20. Three in one Gelert. Unwanted present so not even used.

Reactions: MrC

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I keep cleaning my new wellies. Took a week to get them wet. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Trewsers